Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday focus - Artistic Outpost Stamps

Well Trace here and this time I am so lucky to be doing the Friday Focus on Artistic Outpost stamps... how lucky am I? These stamps cover all sorts of designs and have a great style about them. There are sets of quotes, elements and then coordinated and themed sets... so the only worry was where to start and what to choose?

I have created a trio of tags to hopefully showcase some of the fab designs and ways they work so well together and as stand alone sheets .

So here is tag #1 :


For this tag I have done a bit some photos of how I built up the layers to show how well all those little...I wonder what you can do with those stamps?,  work and how so well they work with the larger and more obviously useful images...I have to say some of the really small images are some of my most inked!

So here goes :

This is a large size #10 tag that has been inked with shabby shutters and then edged with peeled paint, I added some of Wendy's fab paste through my new Tim Holtz stencil... inking over areas when paste dry with peeled paint distress ink. Now to build up using... the little stamps... (sorry forgot to photo!) I first inked the small dots stamp from... well not on this image.. but trust me these dots are Artistic Outpost!... in picket fence and stamped randomly... not sure if you cans see? Then inked the numbers (love this from the same plate) and stamped... then filled in with the two small and gorgeous flowers.

Generation Redux


Hopefully you can see these here on this larger photo, there is also some music script from another fab set ephemera backgrounds, which always adds that little extra layer to lots of my makes...

Ephemera Backgrounds

then for the next layer..


A size #8 tag , torn off across the bottom inked and also stamped with the small number stamp. Now finally the main image, love this image, stamped in black archival ink and edged with peeled paint distress ink.


The sentiment was from another firm favourite plate... and was stamped in jet black archival and clear embossed.


To complete I added some tattered floral die cuts, with inked edges... and some dyed seam binding.


Now tag #2... well I had to do a male one didn't I?


For this tag I used elements from the fab steampunk set.

SteamPunk

I won't bore you with all the details... but hopefully this close up of the background shows how again these stamp sets can be used to create really cool backgrounds as well as for fab focal images.


After stencilling and inking, all the stamped elements are from this plate and ephemera background plate... and they create such a cool background for the great steampunk guy.


Now finally... tag #3... this uses one of my favourite sets... well there are lots but I love this one...


The paper boy set, again with great focal images... and great stamps to help build up cool backgrounds... and a fab sentiment too.

Paperboy


This again is inked, stencilled and then stamped using stamp from the set... some tissue tape and paint splatters complete the background.


and this great image which I just love.

Well thanks for taking the time to read my post and hope it has inspired you to get inky!... Don't forget all Artistic Outpost stamps will have a 15% discount applied through February 27th over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique... so its a great time to start or add to your collection!

keep those fingers inky!
Trace x 




15 comments:

  1. Love all three of these Trace. You've shown how versatile these stamps are and it's really helpful to see those backgrounds too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful backgrounds for beautiful stamps Trace, lots of fabulous details. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tags Trace ! Love how you've used the steam punk set! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three tags are fabulous Trace. I just love the paper boy set but the steampunk one is so very tempting..... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the background stamp info, helpful! All three tags are great. Number one and number three are my favorites! Like how you showed the stenciling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super tutorial and tags Trace!!! and I love that die cut feather with the quill ~ such a fabulous idea! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are each so wonderful! I think the second is my favourite but I've always been a sucker for old timey men with moustaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what wonderful tags - love them all but the first and final ones are defo my faves - all gorgeousness though xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these Sue! Hard to pick a favorite. They are all masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all terrific Trace. My favourite has to be the paperboy with its gorgeous warm hues. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Trace, terrific use of the stamps and stencils,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tags, Trace! I love the way you created your backgrounds with stenciling and stamping techniques. You really showed off the Artistic Outpost stamps and the many, many possibilities they have!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these tags. Great job. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three fabulous tags, Trace - I love the torn image panels layered over the brilliant backgrounds - works fantastically across all three.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous stamps Trace and you have really shown them at their best. Love the layouts and Idea-ology
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete