Friday, February 14, 2014

Wendy Vecchi Stamps - Friday Focus

Hello and welcome to today's Friday Focus! It's Sue here and today I have the absolute pleasure of focussing on Wendy Vecchi's stamps!


For those not familiar with Wendy's stamps, they come pre-cut and mounted on EZ mount foam. There are different size sets including one of the latest additions (which I love!) which is the single background stamps.


For this project I started with a piece of grey board pre-covered in white card. I then used acrylic paint and a baby wipe to start adding some colour and blending the colours together. Make sure you dry between layers else it gets rather muddy!


I then used the Vintage Mesh background stamp without an acrylic block and stamped it randomly using Fern Green Archival ink.


Next up I used the daisy stamp from the Daisy Art set but this time stamped it with Acrylic paint. I wanted to achieve a more subtle background. I also used the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Stripes Borders stencil, again using acrylic paint.


Before I stamped the flower I did some second generation stamping using the grassy stamp form the Art Comforts set using Fern Green Archival ink. I then stamped the flower from the Wendy Vecchi Forever Art set and painted it with acrylic paint. As the paints I'm using are translucent it makes painting much easier as you can paint over your stamped image and still see the stamping!


I decided I needed some texture so mixed some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste with some acrylic paint and used the Classic Words stencil to add the numbers. 


I stamped the butterfly from the Art for You set and again painted it with translucent acrylic paint. I also stamped the butterfly onto some Clearly for Art modelling film, cut it out and heated it so I could shape the wings.


The sentiment is from the Metro Art set stamped on to a piece of card that I've painted using a baby wipe and acrylic paint.


 I punched two holes using a Cropodile and used Jump Rings so that  I could attach some twine.


 You can see more clearly in the above photo the Clearly for Art butterfly.


Here's a close up of the texture created with the Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste.


The above project was also made using similar techniques, however the substrate for this was playing cards! 

I hope you've enjoyed today's focus on Wendy Vecchi's stamps and as there's now 15% off on all in-stock Wendy Vecchi stamps for the next week.  What better time to stock up! 

Sue
x

17 comments:

  1. Sue a great focus on some of Wendy's fab stamps and also her paste! Great colours xnhugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hanging is a real beauty Sue, I love Wendy's stamps and you have showcased them so well here. Your playing cards look wonderful too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb projects for showing off Wendy's stamps and paste to their best. Truly beautiful. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project and great idea to use playing cards.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue...
    you've created another masterpiece!
    beautiful attention to every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delicious, Sue - glorious painty layers, and wonderful stamping and painting of the flowers. The playing card trio is just lovely too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I absolutely LOVE this Sue! The way you create the layers is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These creations are truly lovely
    Wendy's stamps and other products come together so well obviously with your expertise too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! I feel like grabbing a baby wipe and painting everything!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous piece! Love those playing cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work Sue! Love your step x step and results. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, another Sue masterpiece! I love all the dimension you created with the stenciling, stamping and the texture paste. Not sure if I should spend money on supplies or save for another September visit. Oh, what the heck, I should do both :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous project! Sue!! I've never tried the baby wipe technique with paints, but you can bet it is now on my to-do list!! Gorgeous stamping and stenciling too! Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that flower stamp & how you side clipped the message one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful project Sue and those stamps are so pretty too! I'll have to try the baby wipes next time I have paint out! Thanks so much for such inspirational ideas! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love what you did with her stamps and products!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete