Friday, November 4, 2022

2022 Distress Seasonal Distress Pearlescent Crayons and Mica Spray Stains

This week at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave Blog we are focusing on the new Ranger Tim Holtz Holiday Distress pallet. 

We also hope you will enter into our drawing for a $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie Boutique by creating something with Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 4 dies or texture fade. Post on your social media and tag us at #thefinkiejunkie . At the end of our two week challenge we will randomly select a $25 gift certificate winner.

For my make I am going to be demoing two ways to color die cuts using: painting with distress mica spray stains and smudge coloring with distress pearlescent crayons. For the die cuts we are going to be creating with the Yule Tide colorize die set. To see a process video click here.

To start a creative session I am first going to be decanting some of the distress mica spray stains into some of the Ranger ink AI bottles. To do this I am using a large pipette. I transferred approximately four large squeezes from the pipette into each of the little bottles. Inside each of the little bottles is a small mixing ball that helps to keep the mica incorporated when you use the spray stains.

Below I am transferring the distress mica spray stains into the bottles.
Close out the bottles can be a little tough but I found if I pushed firmly with both of my thumbs at the edges of the dropper I could get them to click into place.

Now to start the card bases for our two cards. For the background I cut down the paper to 4“ x 5. 25 inches . For the first base I took some of the Ranger gray wood grain and smushed some decayed pearlescent Distress Cran over the top. Then I added some splatters of gilded foundry wax.

Just splatter the foundry wax I put some of the foundry wax onto a paintbrush and then tapped the paintbrush with a Distress crayon.

What’s the foundry wax was splattered I then heat it up with an in embossing keep gun.

I decided to create these as layered backgrounds for the base layer I cut some Idea-Ology craft stock at 4 1/4“ x 5 1/2“. For the second layer I cut those pieces at 4“ x 5 1/4“.

For the next part we are going to start colouring some diecuts. This is a Tim Holtz die set that I’m going to be featuring for these cards is Yule tide colorize. I die cut the pieces out of distressed watercolour paper and distressed white heavy stock. I cut the large wreath pieces out of the distressed white heavy stock and the small detail pieces out of the watercolour cardstock. For colouring I am also going to be using the Ranger fine detailing water brush and the following mica spray stains: Holly branch, wicked elixir, tree lot, frosted juniper, Snow flurries, winter frost, tart cranberry, and peppermint stick.

Here are my finished painted results using the Distress mica spray stains.

Next I am going to be colouring with the Distress pearlescent crayons. For colours on the large wreath sections  I used bubbling potion, merry mint, and fresh balsam.

Other colours that I used on the detail sections include tart cranberry, peppermint stick, winter frost and snow flurries.


Now that all our pieces are coloured at this time to assemble the wrearth. The first three pieces were very easy to assemble and these were the base pieces of the wreath and stacked neatly on top of one another.


After that things got a little tricky with the smaller Holly highlight pieces on the wreath. I highly recommend going to the Sizzix YouTube channel and checking out the process for putting together this wreath.  I found it very challenging even with the impression outlines that were on previous layers.

Next I put together all of the little berry pieces these were nice and stackable and put together easily. Since the pieces were so small I used the Sizzix die pick to help me move the tiny pieces.

Next I assembled the bow for the wreath. This too was an easy assembly add the pieces stacked very easily together.

Next I added the little red holly berries to the wreath. These pieces are fairly small so I used the Sizzix die pic to help me transfer them onto the wreath.
When adding the wreath to the card I placed some foam squares on the backside of the wreath to help give it a little bit of dimension.

Here I put together the little gold bell this went together pretty easily and the relief lines were so easy to follow.

I talked to Goldenbell underneath the wreath with some double-sided sticky tape on the back of the bell. For sentiment I used one of the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Christmas label tape sentiments. The last thing that I added to the car were a couple of Idea-Ology metallic drops.
Below are the two completed cards. For the card with a Distress pearlescent crayons are use the exact same techniques for assembly.




Thank you so much for joining me here today at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave blog. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

Below are some links for some inspired shopping at the Funkie Junkie


Distress Christmas Mica spray stains set 3

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Holiday_Mica_Stain_Set_3_TSCK81159_p/tsck81159.htm

Distress Christmas Mica spray stains set 4

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Holiday_Mica_Stain_Set_4_TSCK81166_p/tsck81166.htm

Distress Pearlescent Crayons set 3

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Holiday_Pearlescent_Crayon_Set_3_TSCK81173_p/tsck81173.htm

Distress Pearlescent Crayons set 4

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Holiday_Pearlescent_Crayon_Set_4_TSCK81180_p/tsck81180.htm

Idea-Ology holiday drops

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Droplets_Metallic_Christmas_2022_p/th94289.htm

Idea-Ology worn wallpaper holiday

https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Worn_Wallpaper_Christmas_2022_TH94182_p/th94182.htm

Collage medium

Yuletide colorize 

No comments:

Post a Comment