Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Halloween Clearance is Here!

Welcome back to Inspiration Ave from The Funkie Junkie Boutique! As we roll out of Halloween season and fully into The Holidays, The Funkie Junkie Boutique still has a lot of fall and Halloween products in stock.  Lucky you!  It's time to grab the opportunity to stock up on all the great seasonal craft products from this special time of the year. 

Our Design Team member Lyla Larimore has shared a fantastic Halloween post that highlights many of the autumn-themed products that may be in our Halloween Clearance Sale!

Halloween Idea-ology Bonus Make:  The Apothecary

Halloween has come and gone but bring on the Halloween CLEARANCE! I'm always on the lookout for Tim Holtz items throughout the year. Seasonal items can be used for just about anything, not just the particular season it came out in. And like Halloween candy after the holiday is over: who cares if it's got pumpkins on it when we still love pumpkins in November! I'm not really a "Halloweeny fan" but I do like the fall colors, even though I'd rather it was getting warmer outside than colder. And like everything else in my life; I'm late posting one of my makes in time for the Holiday. It's an easy fix... simply make it about getting some great prices after the fact! And I'll be on the lookout for deals, just like all Tim Holtz Addicts the world over. In the meantime, here's what happened...



I already had a few of last year's TH Halloween releases which came back this year,
but I'm always up for more of the tiny, adorable Idea-ology!


The TH Idea-ology Candy Corn is so stinkin' realistically CUTE!


I decided to use a TH Shrine Structure and Worn Wallpaper (both 2021 and 2022)
and see what all I could fit into it.


Papering the Shrine is easy if you simply adhere with a good glue (Glossy Accents is my choice, but "You do YOU" as Tim always says),and burnish each piece all around the edges.  Then ink up the pieces to give them a worn, aged look with some Ground Espresso Oxide.


On the wood edging, I like to use my Vintage Photo Distress Crayon.


You can see the left wood edge is still bright looking, while the right piece is darker and more uniform looking after using the Distress Crayon. Heat set it and it's good to go.



That TH Worn Wallpaper is just amazingly realistic and the texture is spot on!


Now it was time to have some fun! I even got out some Emerald Coast sand from the Florida beaches to color. Aging the pieces using Distress products...


...making new Idea-ology Baubles into apples using Alcohol Ink (Watermelon)...


...and Ranger Grit Paste and Distress Paints to make a gravestone as gritty, old, and unreadable as they look in the cemetery.

And this is what it came to be:


Full Front

Top Shelf


Middle Shelf- books that come off and do open up!



Bottom Shelf


Surprise TH die cut from  on BACK SIDE


Left Side Perspective


Right Side Perspective

Here's a list of links to help you grab some Halloween items before they're gone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much, Lyla. This is such a fantastic make. That a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shrine. I put my last halloween makes up on facebook yesterday and tried to tag you but I don't know if it worked. now onto Christmas. thanks as always for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete