Saturday, November 5, 2022

Saturday Showcase Shenanigans

 Hello friends! Tim Holtz has produced so many great sentiment stamps and dies recently. I decided to get inky and create a bunch of cards using different techniques for The Funkie Junkie Boutiques Saturday Showcase!

Check out the variety of techniques used for these!

I do have a video here: 


Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/3nhTk1HWuOU

I created eight unique cards using different processes.

We'll start with the Stamping technique.


This one started by stamping the sentiments from Bold Saying CMS #433 in Salvaged Patina Ink. I then selected the Mini Stencil # 159 to stamp over the top by running the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink pad over the stencil. Be sure to wipe off the edges so you only print the stencil pattern. You need to choose a geometric repeating pattern in order to stamp a wider area.


You may need to stamp more than once by lining he inked stencil up. You may notice small dots in the center of the circles. Once I had added a few with my fingers, I decided to make the pattern consistent.
I inked the stencil again on an A2card base being careful to leave a border around. The center piece was trimmed and mounted on another piece of white cardstock.


This is a Clean and Simple one layer card! Using the same Bold Tidings stamp in Shaded Lilac on an A2 card base started this one off. A stamp over using the Architecture Stamp CMS #369 in Wilted Violet is all you really need!


How easy would this be to create a gift set of cards?


Next up is another easy set of cards - positive and negative dies on an alcohol ink panel!

I'll be honest, this one was supposed to be a shaker card but after adding the foam tape, I dropped the sequins in and realized I forgot to add the acetate! Silly me. I used two birthday related sentiments from Bold Text #2 to die cut the alcohol inked piece from my infamous background stash. The piece was trimmed to 5 x 3.75.


After popping out all the letters, and adding a strip of foam tape, the panel was attached to a white A2 card base.


Check out the cool shadow that is created by popping up the front panel.


So, you end up with a pile of alcohol inked letters. We as card makers cannot waste those, so I die cut another panel with the same sentiments, added double stick tape to the back of the panel.  The openings have the right amount of stick to simply pop all the random letters in place to make the second card.


The main panel was trimmed to allow a frame of Curious Metallic Cardstock to set off the inked letters!

Next up is the Bold Tidings Mini #440 with multiple sentiments stacked on the stamp positioner to cover the panel. I used a piece of printed paper from the PaperStash Noel to create this piece. The stamping was done with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.


The A2 sized panel was attached to an A2 card base. It is difficult to see the sparkle. I die cut the Snowy Stars die onto white cardstock and used it as a stencil to apply Translucent Paste coated with Rock Candy Glitter using my Glitter Duster. 


The last step was adding a couple of die cut trees using the Woodlands Die and splattering with white Gesso.

How about another take on the multi sentiment background? Another single layer card for the win!


Many of Tim's stamps can just be temporarily taped into a stamp positioner and stamped as a single stamp. I used Noteworthy CMS #446 my new favorite addition as I love sentiment stamps! I stamped the entire stamp with Vintage Phote Distress Ink. The best section was selected and trimmed to 5.25 x 4 inches.


We needed some additional interest, so I selected a few leaf stamps from Pressed Foilage CMS # 376 to add that.  I used Crushed Olive, Dusty Concorn and Peeled Paint Distress inks, inking the stamps up randomly.

Next up is a card for my friend!


This panel started by inking Doily Stencil THS3018 on a white cardstock panel using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. One of the Floral Outline #430 was stamped in Wilted Violet. The panel was trimmed to 5.5 x 4.0 and mounted on a dark purple panel attached to an A2 base.


Check out the cool raised letters. Alphanumeric Upper Care dies were used to cut the letters. I attached them on a Sticky Strip so the letters could be stenciled with the Doily Stencil and Wilted Violet Ink.  The letters were ink blended with Shaded Lilac and coated with Nuvo Glaze. Once dry, the letters were attached to additional letter die cuts in dark purple, offset slightly. Last step was to attach to the base.


It was hard to choose, but I believe this is my favorite. I stamped another Thank You using the Bold Sayings Stamp CMS #433 and Faded Jeans Distress Ink. Because I used my stamp positioner, it was so easy to stamp additional layers and one layer of embossing ink on top coated with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. One more step was to add snow using Grit paste on the individual letters.



I took the time to die cut the letters as I wanted to pop them up and add snow using Grit Paste.

The base was created by stamping the Gnome Stamp from Cozy Christmas CMS #444 with Faded Jeans. The stamped panel was trimmed to 5.25 x 4 and mounted on a navy A2 size cardstock before attaching to the card base.

After the grit paste was dry, I used skinny strips of foam tape to pop up the individual letters.


Products used:

Be sure to check out all the goodies at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I'd love to have you follow/subscribe to my channels all named TerisMailbox.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards!!
    The Christmas trees show up so nicely, but the pop of the Shaded Lilac makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete