Monday, November 21, 2022

Layered Idea-ology Holiday Display

Hello again friends. It's Teri with Teris Mailbox. I had soooo much fun creating this fun holiday layered piece for The Funkie Junkie Boutique! You can win a $25.00 gift card by using Idea-ology Christmas Products and tagging The Funkie Junkie Boutique. We will choose one winner.

                                  

Look at all the layers on this fun decor tag!

I have a video here is you prefer to watch the process:


Link in case the video isn't appearing: https://youtu.be/D_A9hkLEBG4


Start by Creating the Pieces

I started with the Mini Etcetera Tag and the Etcetera Cathedral Window and Brackets. A good coat of white Gesso allows for the addition of the Holiday Collage Paper and Grit Paste Snowfall later on.

Once dry, I coated the tag with Collage Medium and applied a piece of the Christmas Noel Collage Paper to cover the base and set aside to dry.

This piece has many components all created separately. The Woodland Tree from the Woodland Tree Lot was sprayed with Rustic Wilderness Spray Stain and set aside to dry. Note I did trim the back section so it would lie closer to the background. Once dry I dabbed Collage Medium on assorted branches and applied Mica Flakes.

The Santa and Snowman was painted and colored with acrylic paint from my stash along with a few touches of Copic Markers. The deer was painted with acrylic paint from my stash.


After the first failure trying to paint the figures while holding them, I recoated with white Gesso, let dry and then attached them with hot glue to the tops of embossing powder jars. This allowed me to rotate the figures and coat with the paint. Once dry, I added a few touches of alcohol ink with my Copic Markers. A quick coat of Collage Medium and dusting with Glitter complete the look! Once they were dry, the figures popped right off the lids.

The cathedral window was also coated with Collage Medium and coated with Mica Flakes and Glitter.

Let's Assemble the Piece


Collage Medium is perfect for attaching all the various layers. I created a shelf with the Cathedral Window above using Collage Medium. I added Snowfall Grit Paste with a coat of glitter on the shelf top.


I removed the base from the tree and folded the wire up through the back. I created a hole through the base to thread the tiny lights through and wrapped the string around the tree. I used hot glue to attach the tree, snowman, deer and Santa to the shelf.

The Christmas Noel Label Stickers added small sentiment focal points. 

Last up is dying the Rayon Seam Binding to create the bow. I used the Tart Cranberry Mica Spray Stain.


You just can't avoid inky fingers in this process!


I've been collecting Tim Holtz Ephemera for years. I dug these pieces out of my stash. I coated the token with Picket Fence Crayon and rubbed it in. The star has drops of alcohol ink for shine. I threaded the jingle bells onto wire and threaded it through the bow. Last to be added is the pin with the star and token.

I created a holder for the tiny light control and hot glued it onto the back of the tag.

Products used:

I hope I have inspired you to create a fun holiday decor piece. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Teri. I love the background using the Christmas Collage Paper (love the red fingers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 3D project! I love the window and figurines!

    ReplyDelete