Friday, November 18, 2022

TFJ Inspiration Ave: Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology

 This week at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave blog we are focusing on the Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology line. 

We also hope you will enter into our drawing for a $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie Boutique by creating something with Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology. Post on your social media and tag us at #thefunkiejunkie . At the end of our two week challenge we will randomly select a $25 gift certificate winner


Today I’m going to create a quick card in under 10 minutes and feature different products from the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Christmas line. For process video click here.


To create this project I used: distress mica spray stain tree lot, Idea-ology Linen patchwork plaid tape, Christmas droplets, label stickers, washi tape, collage medium, tonic haberdashery scissors.
To start this card I’m using a kraft stock foundation. To create a quick and easy backdrop I’m going to be spritzing with some distress mica spray stain tree lot.

Here I am spraying some tree lot on the kraft cardstock. Because I wanted a spray pattern I did not add any water before hand. Once the spray stain was sprayed I then gave my foundation a quick dry with the Ranger heat tool.

Now we are going to be cutting some fabric tape to create a plaid Christmas tree. I am using the Idea-Ology plaid patchwork fabric tape. I cut the tape into pieces using the tonic haberdashery fabric scissors.
To create our plaid tree I am folding the tape over on itself and leaving a small portion of the sticky part visible.

I then placed all of my fabric tape tabs into a row of five for the base of my tree. Each fabric tab overlapse each other slightly.

I then created three more fabric tape rows. I created the rules of four, three, and two. On the top part I cut a small angle cut on both sides of the taped up to create a more triangular shaped and piece. At the bottom I also added a piece of tape to form the tree trunk. 
Now it is time to embellish the tree with some of the Idea-Ology Christmas metallic droplets. They say that applied with some distress collage medium.
to finish off this plaid Christmas tree I added a facetted Idea-ology star at the top.

Next I decide to add a peppermint striped washy tape border or to the card. 
For finishing touches I added a label tape sticker on the top left corner.

Thank you so much for joining me here today at the Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

Below are some links for some inspired shopping at the Funkie Junkie

Patchwork Plaid Fabric tape https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Linen_Patchwork_2022_TH94299_p/th94299.htm

Christmas Droplets https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Droplets_Metallic_Christmas_2022_p/th94289.htm

Collage medium https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Collage_Medium_Matte_TDA79309_p/tda79309.htm

Label stickers https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Label_Stickers_Christmas_2022_TH94205_p/th94205.htm

Faceted Star https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Idea_ology_Mirrored_Stars_Christmas_2022_TH94207_p/th94207.htm

Distress Mica Spray Stain https://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/Distress_Halloween_Mica_Stain_Set_4_TSHK81104_p/tshk81104.htm

(Substitute wicked elixir for tree lot)


2 comments:

  1. Fun way to use the fabric tape! I'd like to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy crafting!❤️🎨❤️

      Delete