Friday, May 5, 2023

For Mom, Love Janna

Hello, and welcome to this week’s inspiration at TFJB Inspiration Ave blog. This week we are creating to the theme of ”We Love You Mom!” 

Today I have decided to create a Mother’s Day themed card and a second card to send to a friend. These cards are going to be focussing on the new Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamps and alcohol lift ink. For a step-by-step video, click the link here.


For materials today I am using: Sizzix Stacked Hearts and Brushstroke Flowers Mini, Stampers Anonymous CMS461 Floral Trims and CMS463 Note Quotes, alcohol inks: Vineyard, Cobalt, and Laguna, Lift Ink, Yupo paper, glossy cardstock, Distress Archival Black Soot and Villainous Potion, velvet trim, and metallic word sticker.


For this card, we are going to be creating an alcohol inked background. The colors that I am including are Laguna, Cobalt and Vineyard.


On a piece of Yupo I first added 91% isopropyl alcohol and then dripped colors onto the Yupo. Then I moved the ink around with a Tim Holtz, Ranger ink blowing tool.


Once I had a fairly solid background I then added a bit more colour. I added some more isopropyl and then moved the color around with a hairdryer.


Below is my completed alcohol ink background.


Next, using the stamp set the CMS461 I stamped with Alcohol Lift ink. Before lifting, I placed a stamp on a large acrylic blocked and tapped the Alcohol Lift Ink onto the stamp. Before stamping, I tilted the acrylic block at an angle to make sure that I had a good spread of the Lift Ink on the stamp.


I then stamped with the firm pressure on top of the Yupo paper with the stamp. Below are the initial results of stamping with lift ink. Now the neat thing is that I have lifted the alcohol ink directly onto the red rubber stamp. This and ink can be transferred to another substrate, which is going to give us our second card for this technique.


Next, I took a paper towel and gently dabbed the lift ink off of the alcohol ink background. First I take the full sheet of paper towel and press firmly with my hand on the Yupo paper. Then I take a smaller section of paper towel, and gently dab off the remaining ink. When the ink stops lifting from dabbing with a paper towel, I then take a clean section of paper towel, and gently buff the image.


Below is the ghostly image left behind by the lift ink.


With the ink that remains on the stamp, stamp the image onto a piece of glossy cardstock. Since we stamped with alcohol ink on glossy cardstock, this is going to act as a resist when I go to add additional colour to the image. As we can see on the floral image below, we have a perfect impression, lifted from the alcohol ink background

To add more color to the stamped image, I added some distress reinkers with a water brush. To color in the flowers I used a combination of Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and Mermaid Lagoon.


For colouring the flowers, I pulled out the Tim Holtz water brush, and the alcohol ink pallet, which I have filled with reinkers. Below are the finished water colouring results.


Next, I need to create a landing spot for my sentiment. Here I die cut out a heart from Stacked Hearts with a chunk of watercolour paper.


 I coloured the heart with a splash of Peppermint Stick from the Distress Mica Spray Stain.


After colouring in the heart, I stamped with Distress Archival Ink, using the stamps Note Quotes CMS463.


For finishing touches, I added a border of washi tape around the edges of the card.


I also added a strip of velvet trim to go behind the watercoloured heart. I popped up the watercolour heart with a couple of foam squares to add some dimension to this card.


On the second card, I created a landing spot for a sentiment stamp from the stamp set Note Quotes CMS463. I stamped a splatter with Distress Archival Villainous Potion ink and the outline with Distress Archival Black Soot ink.


For the main focal point, I altered some Distress Watercolour Paper with a Distress Reinkers and the die set Brushstroke Flowers Mini. For the Distress Reinker colours used are: TwistedvCitron, Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon, and Prize Ribbon.


Then I added a piece of metallic cardstock that I had to run through the embossing folder Botanical Mini 3-D embossing. I then placed the exploder over the top and popped up with a few foam squares.


Next, I added in the die cut flowers leaves. For finishing touches I added a quote from the metallic Idea--ology sticker book. In addition, I also ran a border of washy tape around the edges of the card.


Below are the completed cards for the “We love you mom!” inspiration theme. 


Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: dunhamtreasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna

Supplies used:


No comments:

Post a Comment