Saturday, May 6, 2023

Idea-ology Details from Lisa

Hello there Funkie Junkie Fans! Lisa Hoel here. It's time to focus on Tim Holtz Idea-ology products and It's In the Details. I always love working with Idea-olgy bits and bobs. They are so much fun. I was really excited about the new Reliquary Dome so I used that as the start of my project.


I made it interesting in the back too…


The Idea-ology I used is both old and new…

Recognize the Urn from Halloween?

Distress Paint is great for altering metal Adornments.

Here are some looks at the how-to…

1) I used various colors of Distress Paint to color the urn and metal embellishments. Tip: clean the metal bits with rubbing alcohol first for better paint adhesion. I also used a brown Distress Crayon to add some grunge.


2) I added the main pieces first to figure out the best spacing.


3) In the model section of hobby stores, you can find supplies for mini landscaping. I got this foam "lawn" material there that added a nice touch of texture to the base.



4) I glued die cut leaves and flowers onto floral wire to form the "bush". I painted the hot glue in the urn brown and then glued coffee grounds on top to simulate dirt.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep an eye on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog, Inspiration Ave. because you are now getting regular doses of expanded (and inspiring) content each week. Don't miss it…

Supplies used:

Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Funky Florals #2

Tim Holtz Idea-ology: 
Reliquary Dome
Photomatic
Adornments - Entomology
Adornments - Foliage
Urns (Halloween)
Tiny Vials
Tiny Clips
Mini Paper clips
Design Tape - Trims
Ephemera, Field Notes Snippets
Layers - Organic
Classic Label Stickers
Heirloom Florals
Distress Collage Medium Matte
Distress Archival Ink - Black Soot
Distress Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment