Monday, May 8, 2023

For Mom, Love Teri

  Teri Wilson - TerisMailbox

Are you a collector of Tim Holtz's Ephemera? I know I am! Say it's Tim Holt's new product and I am in line! Today I am posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Our design challenge was to make something to honor Mom. 

There is a YouTube video (https://youtu.be/G6vPrfXbz2Y) in case you prefer to watch the process.

Create the Base

The base for this fun home decor piece is an 8.5 x 11 inch canvas frame. Start with Brushed Corduroy Distress Paint. Create a wash and apply to the canvas, watering down and allowing the paint to drop down the front.

Once the frame is dry, used Collage Medium to adhere Collage Paper Pallet to the center of the frame. Set aside to dry.

Add the Embellishments

Select a Layer Frame piece to frame your selected photo. I chose a photo of my Mother and me when I was young. Glue together with Collage Medium and attach to the center near the top.

Select Ephemera from Ideology Layers, Organic to add to the sides of the framed photo. Use a piece of foam tape to pop the bird up on the nest. Select a floral bloom and add to the left of the center photo.


Use the postcard from the same set as the base for the word Mom.

Use the Alphanumeric Shadow Upper Dies to cut the letters from an alcohol ink piece from your stash and the shadow with white cardstock. Pop up the letters by adding additional layers of cardstock.

I keep a stash of small die cuts! Once I am die cutting and assembling, I always figure I can use extras. Use the small blooms from the Brushstrokes Mini set and glue on the small postcard.


Be sure to stop over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique to see all the wonderful product lines they carry!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and YouTube.  Be well. Be creative!

Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment