This time I stamped and cut out the image and then watercoloured her using Distress Markers.
I've added some more paper roses, this time I've used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to colour them. The lace is May Arts and I've cut it in half so that it would fit the space between my stamped areas. I've used a stencil with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to add some interest over the text.
For the final panel I've done lots of stamping without using an acrylic block (I've not got round to mounting all of my stamps onto foam mount either !) I use this technique alot as it gives an imperfect image which is perfect for vintage projects. I've also done some more stencilling using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Apologies, I forgot to take a separate photo of this last panel before I put the whole thing together !
This is the project completed laying out flat. I've attached some seam binding by sandwiching it in between the front and rear panels. What I didn't do is make it tight enough and as a result the card doesn't stand as perfectly as I would have liked, but you live and learn !
I really wanted to get the stamp on this tag inked up, I love it ! I can see me using it alot, the image is so clear and I love the almost photographic quality to it. The tag has had lots of stencilling and stamping using acrylic paint. The text is actually one stamp and I've cut it up in to the separate words. The flower is metal and started it's life copper coloured, I then sponged acrylic paint over it and did the same to the filigree metal embellishment.
This is a card I made recently and just wanted to share it here so you can get a real feel for the diversity of these stamps.
I hope you've enjoyed today's Friday Focus and remember that Artistic Outposts stamps will have a 15% discount for one week, so get shopping !