I started with a piece of greyboard (chipboard) covered in white card and I also cut a triangle as this will form the stand for the piece.
I then tore up some pieces from an old book and glued them to the board using Matt Medium, making sure I gave the paper a coat of glue too.
When the glue was dry I then used a baby wipe with acrylic paint starting with the light colour and working to dark, blending the colours and making sure to dry them in between each layer. (Excuse the colour of my fingers I'd just finished working with a Dylusions spray!)
For the next layer I used the gorgeous Prima stencil masking off areas I didn't want and stencilling some of the words using acrylic paint and a stencil brush. I also stamped some text on the left hand side using Watering Can Archival ink, which you'll see in a later photo.
Now I wanted to start gathering the pieces for the collage. I die cut the dress form and painted it with acrylic paint. When it was dry I used Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste. When the paste had dried I blended some Adirondack inks down the right side to get to the colour I wanted.
The doily was die cut using the Tim Holtz Distressed Doily die and I then stamped it using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Artful tools set using Watering Can Archival ink.
To create the colour I wanted I used a mix of Distress Inks and blended them over the doily.
The next piece was the pediment top, which I've also used the crackle paste on. I then used the same Adirondack inks as the dress form to create the colour I wanted then darkened the edges using Watering Can Archival ink.
Most of the pieces are made now but I felt I needed a little metal somewhere on the project. I used one of the Filigree metal corners, painted it black with arcylic paint and then used Pewter Distress stains over the top, dabbing off some of the colour.
The final piece I made was this ribbon measuring tape, I used a piece of Seam Binding and again with Watering Can Archival Ink I stamped the image on the binding. Now it's time to put it all together !
I glued the pediment to the top, it wasn't quite as wide as the main piece but I was OK with that. The gorgeous button is one from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique as is the lace.
The window is die cut using the Tim Holtz Window die and I've just blended Distress Inks over it and I also did a little spritz and flick before glueing the filigree corner into place. The text has been stamped onto card that's been painted with acrylic paint. I then cut out the words and glued them to mount board to create small tiles. The buttons are layered onto little eyelets that I had on my desk left over from when I was die cutting some tags. I painted them and added the buttons on top.
I pleated the stamped measuring tape and glued it into place. The flower is made from UTEE and a mold that I'd made previously. It's been painted with acrylic paint and then brushed with some metallic wax. The shabby dress form is one of the gorgeous pieces from the Ingvild Bolme Prima collection. I die cut a bottle top and stamped a sewing reel image on the top. I've also added some washi tape and more lace to finish.
The triangular piece that I showed you at the start has been glued to the back and therefore the project is free standing.
I hope you've enjoyed today's Step x Step and you've still got time to join in with the current challenge, On the Runway.