Thursday, December 1, 2016

Guest Designer - Louise Hodge

It is time to say hello and welcome to a new Guest Designer.  Meet Louise Hodge of Passion Creations who was the Design Team's Top Pick from our A Very Vintage Halloween challenge and take a look at her wonderful project for our Home From The Holidays challenge.


"I'm a proud mother of two grown boys and live in Quebec, Canada on a farm with my hubby and two labs.

 I have been stamping for 9 years, it all started after I created a 50th wedding anniversary album for my parents and fell in love with this hobby.

I don't really have a specific style, I like trying all kinds of new techniques finding just the right embellishment and sparkle to add. I create mostly cards however lately have a craving for home decor and altered projects.

I'm so thrilled and honored to be GDT at Frilly and Funkie for this challenge with such an amazing and talented team."


"For this challenge of "Home for the Holidays" I created an Advent Calendar using Tim Holtz matchbox die. I used papers from his Seasonal paper stash as well as Nostalgic Kraft-core to give it that vintage look. I created the gifts and gift bags with the help of my scor-pal, the snow effect was built up with tissue paper and glass glitter (lots of it).

I'm very pleased how it turned out and it will be a beautiful focal point on my mantle. Hope you all like it."

* * *

Head on over to Louise's blog and check out all the details and more views of her fabulous advent calendar and then come on back and share your creation for the Home For The Holidays challenge. You have lots of time as the challenge is open through December 13th at 11:55 pm EST - just in time for Christmas.  

19 comments:

  1. WOW Louise!!! You must have put SO much work into creating this wonderful advent calendar! I'm sure it will be displayed proudly for years to come. Thank you so much for joining us as a guest designer at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, lots of work but I loved every minute of it

      Delete
  2. This is stunning

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my little goodness! The elves in Santa's workshop are green with envy over this incredible project! I love all the little drawers and the wonderful details. So, so gorgeous. The design is ingenious, and the vintage vibe makes my heart go pitty pat! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, it's was lots of fun to create, thanks for having me as GDT

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful advent calendar Louise, a real work of art! I love the gorgeous topping you created (the skis alone are wonderful), it is so beautiful... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning design! Beautiful papers, colors and those little drawers are just wow! Very glad you are guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, that matchbox die is so perfect to create these little drawers

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is so so cool! Biggest congrats on your feature Louise, lovely Christmas make! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it looks really nice on my mantle, very happy how it turned out

      Delete
  7. Amazing Christmas Advent calendar! What a gorgeous labor of love! So good to see you as Guest Designer, and a huge Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an incredible project- well done!

    ReplyDelete