Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Focus: Prima Memory Hardware

Hello! I wish a warm welcome to all of our crafty family at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! I hope you're enjoying sunny summer days and happy times with loved ones. It's Nancy here, and I couldn't be more excited to share the Friday Focus on Prima Memory Hardware with you. That means for the next two weeks all Prima Memory Hardware Products will be available at an additional 15% discount at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  

I have a love affair with all things Prima. I don't think anyone can have enough of it in their craft stash. Not only is it beautiful, but everything they make is superior quality. I was a bit panicked over what to create, as I had to place my Memory Hardware mini album project on hold when I unexpectedly ran out of the paper collection I was working with. The panic only lasted for about two seconds, because this is Prima, and the creative possibilities are absolutely endless. I switched gears and decided to go with a wall hanging, which I am sharing with you today!     


You'll find Prima Memory Hardware products throughout this project, as well as this beautiful Prima Rose Quartz paper collection that is new to me. There was actually a little snag with my order and I received this paper collection instead of the one I was working with. It turned out to be a wonderful blessing, because these new papers are so lovely and such a dream to work with. I am beyond picky about the papers I use, and Prima papers live up to my expectations in every way. Each layer of paper is distressed and stitched together, then mounted on two layers of  heavy cardstock. 


The Prima Memory Hardware Resin Frame is painted with Memory Hardware Antoinette Pink Artisan Powder and Tim Holtz Distress Paints. Artisan Powder mixes perfectly with the paints to create this custom color for the frame. True story: I put the leftover paint in the refrigerator in a clear plastic cup for later use. My husband thought it was yogurt and had a big spoonful ready to put in his mouth. I stopped him just in time!

Memory Hardware Pearls are scattered throughout the floral arrangement. In Charleston a pearl necklace is a wardrobe staple. A strand of pearls can go with everything, even jeans and a t-shirt. The same is true of craft projects! Pearls add an elegant, feminine touch to everything you create. 


The flowers are a mixture of handmade and purchased from Linda's shop. You can find a tutorial for my handmade wildflowers here on the blog. A Memory Hardware Vintage Trinket is tucked inside the bouquet. You can place any design or photo inside the trinket frame, making them perfect to tailor to your needs. 


The resin corners are from Prima's Shabby Chic Vintage Treasures, and are also available in Linda's shop.   



Thank you so much for taking a peek at my little wall hanging. I hope you'll enjoy using these lovely Prima products as much as I do. Not that we need an excuse to shop for crafty goodies, but with a 15% discount through July 6th, who can resist? I send warm wishes for a wonderful summer with your loved ones. I'm taking a short break from the design team to attend to family matters, but I'm already looking forward to returning in January. In the meantime I'll still be hanging around y'all's blogs taking in all the fabulous inspiration!  

Hugs,

Nancy


7 comments:

  1. Nancy, your love of all things Prima shines through, your card is absolutely exquisite in every way!! The papers really do look wonderful. I love the story about your hubby - so funny! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy this is gorgeous! Beautiful use of the Prima goodies! Your poor hubby! Lucky you caught him just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layers and an awesome variety of flowers. Sweet..you were at the right place the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy this is divine!!!! LOVE how you've taken all that delicious hardware and weaved it in between your famous flowers and lovely layers to create this stunning hanging xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so beautiful Nancy! I just love how you painted the frame to coordinate. A stunning project! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauwh... This is awesome ... What a pretty wallhanging. I love your handmade flowers. They always add that extra touch to your projects. In todays project you mixed shabby chic and hardware products in such a fabulous way. Just love it !!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic art with us. I look forward till you come back in January. In the meantime I hope you'll have an amazing summer...
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete