Thursday, January 23, 2020

Guest Designer - Ann Barnes

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for the Repeat Performance challenge.  Please say hello again to Ann Barnes of aksbarchitect CREATES.


Hello again everyone, I am Ann Barnes (a.k.a. aksbarchitect) from aksbarchitect CREATES. I am honored to have earned this second opportunity to be guest designer for the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog's current challenge with my lovely leaves project.

I have always loved creating things. From the time I was young, I loved drawing and using my imagination to envision structures. I admire all the fine details and figuring out how things go together. This passion for creativity set my path to becoming an architect, as well as my love of art. I have a wonderful family who inspire me everyday to be the best that I can be. Most often I can be found in the studio getting inky, enjoying a walk in nature or spending time with my family. Today I am sharing "sweet repeat", a valentine treat box.


I was so excited to learn the theme for the current challenge, hosted by Sara Emily. I often find myself holding onto items to give them a second use. There are so many things these days that go to waste, so I try to do my part to utilize scraps and packaging as often as possible. Repeat Performance asks us to use at least one thing on our project that we would normally throw out. I had a number of shirt boxes that were ripped open during the holidays, I thought these would make the perfect base for valentine treat boxes, made with the new curio box die. I incorporated a window in the boxes and use the plastic packaging that the die came in for the clear surface.


I have all of the details for this "sweet repeat" over on my blog today, I hope you can check it out. ~Ann

* * *
Once again Ann has created a wonderful project for the challenge so once you have checked all the details, come on back and share your creation that includes a recycled item normally headed for the garbage - don't forget to tell us what you used in your post.  To enter the challenge just click HERE - it is open until 11:55 pm on February 4th.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Ann! Your Sweet Repeat is not only a clever name, it is a beautiful gift transformed from your cast-aways! I love your rusty hearts to adorn it, too! And I'm tickled pink we were on a similar path to using up our trash! Thank you so much for being our special Guest Designer once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see Ann in action here - and what delightful little boxes you've made, Ann. The oval window is lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann I love it! This fabulous vintage Valentines treat box is a gift in itself! Off to see more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the gorgeous vintage feel to your treat box! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer again!

    ReplyDelete