Thursday, November 19, 2020

Guest Designer - Alison Bomber

Say hello to our Guest Designer for the Celebrate challenge.  Alison Bomber of Words and Pictures was the Top Pick from the Fall Foliage challenge.


I'm so happy and honoured to be guest designing here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog again. My crafting journey began in 2012, and I've been a follower here from my very earliest days of exploring ink, stamps and paint. I'm an obsessive crafter, and I love mixed media layers and textures and grunginess, as well as the most delicate of watercolours.

These days creating is a little tricky as I'm in the process of packing up my life (including the craft room) to move to a new country, but I couldn't resist saying yes to joining in to Celebrate this huge adventure, this new life, and the ongoing creative journey I'm on. I hope you've got plenty to celebrate too and that these bold bright colours and words will strike a chord for you.



These tags started with smooshing Distress Inks and Oxides, including Crackling Campfire (it doesn't get brighter than that!).


Then I embossed my favourite PaperArtsy wild grasses in gleaming white, full of light and hope, as are the Quote Chip words.


You can see more over at my blog, Words and Pictures. I hope you've got plenty to celebrate too and that these bold bright colours and words will strike a chord for you.

* * * 
After you have popped over to Alison's blog to get more details on her fabulous tags, come on back and share your Celebrate project with us. Even in these tough times, we can find something to Celebrate. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55pm EST on Tuesday, November 24th.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous trio of tags and celebratory words Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM! I just love those bold, earthy inky backgrounds, Alison! What a wonderful example of your talents! Thank you for being our special Guest Designer and for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are stunning Alison. Those PaperArtsy grasses work so beautifully against that magnificent inky background. So grateful that you're able to squeeze in this guest design post before heading to your new home xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creations, congrats on being chosen as a guest designer & good luck in your packing & moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison is always so inspirational and what an amazing trio of tags x. Many congratulations on guesting x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this trio of tags, so bright and glorious, and so beautiful with the embossed leaves!!!
    Congratulations to be featured here, this is so deserved of course.
    Good luck for the following!
    Corinne xx

    ReplyDelete