Thursday, January 14, 2021

Guest Designer - Lyla Larimore

It is time to say hello and welcome to our Guest Designer for the Put A Good Word In challenge. Lyla Larimore of A Chief's Wife's Heart's 'aFire was the Design Team's Top Pick from the Celebrate challenge.


For those of you who may be new to my blog, my name is Lyla Larimore and I've been blessed to have been Guest Designer for The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog several times now.

I've been crafting with paper in some way or form just about my entire life, beginning with making my own dollhouses, furniture, and then worked my way up to reality as a homemaker. Those skills came in very handy when my kids got into school. I spent my afternoons making whatever paper project the school's hallways needed for each subject of study, event, or holiday where help was needed. My projects since having to retire from school and photography have toned down quite a bit- but not in the sharing of it!

And just last week on Monday the 4th my ChiefHubby joined in on the retirement- living the dream of being able to stop his paying job so that he can still have time to do the work he wants to do for The LORD. Papers were signed and we rode off into the sunset, literally - crafting gear came with!!


I created some ATCs by altering playing cards with all sorts of Paper Dolls, Crackle Paste, word banners and tied them all together with a blue color palette.


You can get all the details of how they came together on my blog by clicking HERE.
* * * 
Once again Lyla has come up with some fabulous inspiration for her Guest Designer post and after you have checked out all the details, please come on back and share your project(s) with uplifting words. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, January 19th.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards and beautiful details. So happy for you and hubby. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Lyla it's a real treat to have you Guest Designing for us and you've picked some really good words to adorn your beautifully collaged ATC's. Loving that stencilled detailing in the background of each one. I wish you and your wonderful hubby a long and happy retirement together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work, love this project! I have one of the old dymo label makers and now I'm convinced to buy a couple more tape colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANX, EVERYONE!!!
    ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete