Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Guest Designer - Lyla Larimore

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Shimmering Summer Fun' challenge. Say hello to Lyla Larimore (A Chief's Wife's Heart's 'aFire) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Snarky, Sassy and Silly Summer Fun' challenge.


Happy Shimmering Summer, Everyone! My name is Lyla Larimore of A Chief’s Wife’s Heart’s A’Fire blog. I've been crafting with paper in some way or form just about my entire life, beginning with making my own dollhouses, furniture, and then worked my way up to reality as a homemaker. Those skills came in very handy when my kids got into school. I spent my afternoons making whatever paper project the school's hallways needed for each subject of study, event, or holiday where help was needed. My projects since having to retire from school and photography have toned down quite a bit- but not in the sharing of it!


I’m definitely still in Summer mode here in Indiana, so my artwork is still running the Americana flavors. I’m giving you a sneak peek with a couple of photos to spur you on with ideas for shimmering & shining your way to your own make!


I’m not a fan of glitter; the only glitter I own is Tim Holtz’s Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter, & that usually only comes out in wintertime. But, I’m happy to say that I found a way to shine- my way!! A grouping of my favorite color scheme paired with some cardstock-backed foil, and let it SHINE!

Front


Back


* * *
Isn't Lyla's double-sided tag spectacular and perfect for the current challenge. Thank you Lyla for your wonderful inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out her blog to see the tutorial - Lyla always shares every step of the process so you won't want to miss it. Then come on back and share your shimmering Summer fun projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, August 10th.

7 comments:

  1. So talented! Love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Love the many beautiful elements and that the beauty is on both sides! Thanks for guest designing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design and project from both sides of it!! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lyla you never fail to bowl me over with the level of detail and imagination you pour into your projects and this is another exceptional one! Thank you so much for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete