Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Guest Designer - Susan Babcock

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Creating Die-na-mite' challenge. Say hello to Susan Babcock (susanbcards) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Shimmering Summer Fun' challenge.


Hello! I am so honored to be Guest Designer for the current challenge, "Creating Die-na-mite".

My name is Susan Babcock, also known as Susanbcards. I have been making cards as a hobby for several years but about 2 years ago, my daughter encouraged me to post on Instagram. I found this community of cardmakers, all of whom I have never met, who are posting daily, sharing their work and encouraging others. During the stay at home order, I became a Tim Holtz fan, watching his YouTube demos and trying his techniques. I now make several cards a week, which I send out to friends, family or charities.


I was so excited to make a card for the challenge "Creating Die-na-mite" as I wanted to use the new Sizzix Chapter 3 dies by Tim Holtz with some older dies. I always have inked paper on hand and a box full of leftover diecuts from previous projects, all ready to go.


This is a close up photo of the "Potted #2" cut from Kraft cardstock, embossed with the Sizzix "Lumber" embossing folder with a bit of Gathered Twigs Distress ink. I cut a second pot from cardboard and attached it under the woodgrain pot to pop it up off the card.


Using the "Leaf Fragments" dies, I cut the leaves from inked Distress Mixed Media Heavystock paper. I stamped veins onto the leaves using Ground Espresso ink and Stampers Anonymous "Pressed Foliage".


I diecut "Small Tattered Flowers" from some inked MM Heavystock paper and using a shaping tool, added some dimension to the flowers.

I attached all the diecuts with glue to the slimline card panel. A detailed tutorial can be found on my blog.

Thank you,
Susan

* * *
What a fantastic card with beautiful fall colours and so perfect for the current challenge! Thank you Susan for your amazing inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out her blog to see a more detailed tutorial for Susan's card. Then come on back and share your 'Creating Die-na-mite' projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, September 21st.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fall card! I love how you've used the older Pressed foliage stamps with the new Leaf Fragments die cuts. Great colors and fabulous to learn more about your crafting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this is such a wonderful card using the die cuts to such great effect with perfect colour choices and fabulous dimension.

    ReplyDelete