Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Guest Designer - Susan Babcock

The Funkie Junkie Boutique is delighted to have Susan Babcock (Susanbcards) as our Guest Designer this week. Susan was our Design Team's choice as overall winner of our April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge in April.


Hello, I'm Susan aka Susanbcards. I'm so happy and honored to have been asked back as a Guest Designer for the Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! As long as I can remember, I've always enjoyed arts and crafts. My fondest memories of my mother were the times when we sat and colored or worked on an art project.

When I was told the challenge was "Sunday In The Park", the image that came to mind was of wrought iron gates around a flower filled park. I used the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gate Keepers die, assorted small floral dies and the Cobblestone 1 embossing folder to make the path.

The Idea-ology Paper Doll of a boy and dog were a perfect, he looks a bit sad as dogs aren't allowed in the park! I placed the panel into a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vignette Tray to give it a 3D effect. I hope you like it, more details can be found on my blog.

Make sure you check out Susan's blog (Susanbcards) to see more about how she created this wonderful mixed media piece. Don't forget to share your 'Sunday In The Park' project with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, May 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment