Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Guest Designer - Stephanie Severin

The Funkie Junkie Boutique is delighted to welcome Stephanie Severin, the overall winner of our recent "The Music of Life" challenge, as our latest Guest Designer.


My name is Stephanie (aka SmilynStef) from Ingenious Inkling. I've been cardmaking for more than 22 years embracing all types of creative styles and techniques.



For the "Stencil Mania" Challenge, I created my mixed media cards starting with a gorgeous piece of designer paper from the Stamperia Klimt Collection. I covered it with clear Gesso first and then had fun adding on lots of layers.


I started with Dylusions Shimmer Paints and my three Stencils - Tim Holtz Ringer Layering Stencil, Tim Holtz Lace Layering Stencil and the Dylusions Small Martha's Most Massive Mat on my gesso-covered designer paper.. I sponged and painted through the stencils, as well as coating them with paint and using them to *stamp* onto my paper.


Once I was done with stenciling, I decided I wanted to create both a feminine and a masculine slimline card from my stenciled background., I added a few spritzes of Dina Wakley Media Gloss Sprays and some mark stamping with Dina's Archival Inks. I completed my slimline cards using more Klimt papers; embossed, sprayed and painted watercolor paper; Tim Holtz Sickers & Sentiments; Tim Holtz Baseboard Dolls; Prima Gouache flowers; Prima Finnabair Texture Paste; and some Dylusions Washi Tape. I also added a few Japanese Butterfly stickers from my stash.


A huge thank you to the Funkie Junkie Boutique for carrying such great products and the invitation to Guest Design.

Don't forget to visit Stephanie's Blog to see more details about how she created these amazing cards. The Funkie Junkie Boutique hopes that they will inspire you to create an entry for our "Stencil Mania" challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This is so AWESOME- in every way!! Anything in a frame ends up on my ❤️❤️❤️List!!!
    A beautiful GD spot well done!!

    ReplyDelete