Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Guest Designer Celebrate Friendship Challenge - Katy Dragos

The Funkie Junkie Boutique welcomes back Katy Dragos as our guest designer for our Celebrate Friendship challenge.

Hi! I'm Katy.  I love all the stuff-from making cards to mixed media projects and everything in between.  My crafty journey started with scrapbooking-but then I learned all about distressing paper and Tim Holtz and my crafty world was forever changed. :)  My blog is I Like to Cut and Paste and I am on Instagram and Facebook

I am honored to be the Guest Designer this week. When I learned about Friendship being the theme, my wheels started turning. Which friend could I make something for? My husband and sister get things all the time LOL so I altered an Altoids tin to give to my friend who lives down the street from me.  We go on adventures, and she can always make me laugh :)


For my tin I used light modeling paste to smooth the front. Then I used a Tim Holtz star stencil and Tim's matte texture paste to make the stars. I used different spray stains on the stars and some peacock Finnabair wax to highlight a few of them. Then I cut some leaves from Tim's Garden Greens die out of some paper that had spray stain on it. I used a flair button and a Tim Holtz flashcard to finish the front.  I used a paper from Tim's Backdrop Volume 1 for the right hand side of the tin. And I painted the left side and inside of the right with Finnabair's spark paint Unicorn Hair. The moon is from a Finnabair clay mold sprayed with Harvest Moon Mica Spray. The stars are last year's Christmas Ideology, and the rest is Ideoogy- Paperdoll, flowers, clipping stickers, and a thimble. And I filled in the bottom space with craft moss.

Thanks so much, Katy, for this wonderful inspiration.  We are looking forward to all the entries to our Celebrate Friendship challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Katy, Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot; this is ADORABLE!!
    I’m a big fan of tiny makes & you rocked this one!
    Thanks for sharing so often with us!!

    ReplyDelete