Thursday, June 18, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Ingrid !

Today we are welcoming Ingrid of Ingrid's Crafts Corner as today's Guest Designer. Ingrid was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'Happy, Happy, Happy' challenge. Let's move on to hear from Ingrid !


I'm Ingrid Kristina V; a card-maker, an amateur yet enthusiastic artist and an explorer of all artistic :) If you visit my blog you will find anything from cards, journalling, fun tutorials, results of my experiments and wild ideas, but mainly mixed media projects. I love creating abstract art and mixed media is my most go to when I create. There is nothing more satisfying that creating various textures and patterns and adding colour with a dash of grunge. I tend to create rather organic patterns and love using anything naturally aged. Fabric and other materials are so much fun too! I also run a mixed media challenge blog and am a Designer for UK craft magazine Simply Cards and Papercraft.


I got very excited when I found out what the theme was. Summer is my favourite season. I love the warmth, the sun and the sea, the summer holidays, I love how everything comes alive and sparkles and shines... what on earth I am doing in London I have no idea... I would love to live somewhere warm. My card is very much inspired by summer seaside holidays... when I think of summer holidays I think of our house in the Long Island, Bahamas, the gorgeous white sands, shells and sparkly turquoise sea... the sea shells on this card were found in the sand on Long Island.



I do hope you like the card. I shall look forward to reading your comments for sure and can't wait to see what you will make for this fabulous challenge! A big thank you to Linda, Sue and the oh-so talented team for inviting me to share my project here with you today! I’m very honoured indeed!

Have a wonderful day!
Ingrid xxx

I'm sure you'll all agree that Ingrid's card is fantastic! What beautiful colours! If you too would like to be in with the chance to join us as Guest Designer then you'll need to join in with the current challenge 'It's Summer'.

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Ingrid! You have definitely captured the feeling of a Caribbean beach in this card. Thank you so much for joining us as a Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great pleasure to see Ingrid here with her another stunning creation! Absolutely fantastic card full of summer and ocean breeze! Brilliant!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning Ingrid, I am swooning over your colours and all the fabulous elements you used! Gorgeous summer project! Thank you so much for joining us as a guest designer here at Frilly and Funkie! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous and definitely reminds me of the Caribbean cruises we have been on and all the beach shore excursions we did. The water is so blue there and shells are easy to find on the beautiful white sand beaches so this card depicts that perfectly. So glad you could join us at Guest Designer and share this beauty.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations Ingrid for GD feature. Love this card..beautiful texture, layers and colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful color and so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful color and so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Ingrid! So happy you've shared this beauty with us! Congrats on your guest spot. What a great share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Ingrid! So happy you've shared this beauty with us! Congrats on your guest spot. What a great share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Ingrid! I cannot think of a better artist for Frilly and Funkie to showcase! Your card is absolutely lovely; a real work of art! It really evokes the fresh feel of a cool sandy beach! Lovely! Thank you for sharing your talents! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely stunning creation which makes me want to visit the Bahamas! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly gorgeous, can almost hear the ocean waves. Love all the textures. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stunning hun, I adore your work, you create some of the most beautiful pieces and so glad to see you here guesting xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaw, you are all so sweet! Thank you very much, I'm glad you like my summery card :) big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete