Thursday, June 2, 2016

Guest Designer - Alison Bomber

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for this challenge and she is a familiar face.  Say hello and welcome back to Alison Bomber of Words and Pictures.


"Hello all, Alison from Words and Pictures here, and I was so happy to be invited here as a guest again. Regular visitors to my blog will know I haven't had much time for crafting lately, so when I do get to the craft table I'm trying to give myself permission simply to enjoy myself, and that's definitely what I did with this journalling page spread.

You can tell from the name of my blog that I was thrilled to play along with the Words theme here at Frilly and Funkie, and I chose one of my all-time favourite sentiment stamps to work with. It's certainly a thought which I try to live by, and which I hope these pages express.
"



"I had a lovely time with Distress Inks for the background, mainly Archival Inks for the layered stamping, some scraps of script paper, cheesecloth, and lots of sparkly loveliness to catch the late spring sunlight. And it was my first chance to have a play with the wonderful Wildflower Thinlits dies - altogether a journalling page full of happy moments for me. I hope you enjoy it too, and if you'd like to see more details of the layers building up, then do come and visit me at Words and Pictures.

Thanks to Linda, Cec and the team for having me here - it's a delight and an honour.
"

* * *

Make sure you do check out the details of Alison's project and then come on back and share one of your projects featuring words.  You have lots of time as the challenge runs until June 14th at 11:55 pm EST.

18 comments:

  1. It's as though this challenge were made for you! and boy did you rise to it with this beautiful journal page. I love the ribbon of script paper and trickle of beads through the middle like a babbling brook. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alison, stunning Journalling. I love the depth and feel drawn into these beautiful pages.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Truly stunning spread from Alison, perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous journal pages! Those sprinkled sparkly bits are so lovely. Thank you for guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a breathtaking page Alison and your quote is so perfect for our challenge! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer today! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mica flakes look just like the sea when the sun first touches it! This is such a gorgeous journal page! The color palette is heavenly and the sentiment is wonderful! What gorgeous work you do, Alison! Thank you for being our guest designer at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always Alison !
    COrrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a treat to see you here, Alison,and a lovely journal page you put together! It sure does seem as if the theme were chosen especially for you, and your chose quote is so you! Lovely colors and those Thinlit wildflowers looks quite at home on your page! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Alison's work and this journal page is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this amazing journal creation over at Alison's blog, it is simply stunning! Congratulations on your guest designer post here at Frilly and Funkie Alison, so very well deserved! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page Alison...so breezy and calm. I almost sat there for a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Alison Your pages have a real sense of being free about them ....
    Congrats on your Gd spot x

    ReplyDelete