Saturday, January 28, 2017

Saturday Step x Step: When Pigs Fly Mini Album with Olde Curiosity Shoppe

Hello, Friends!  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?  Winter can be such a dreary time, but it is also a great time to hunker down in the studio and create!  I have a really whimsical Saturday Step x Step project to share with you today.  It will keep you so busy and happy in your crafty space that you care what the weather is doing!  In our recent "Winter Hues" challenge I created this sweet little mini album.

I'm back today with another mini made in the same way, only this time I've added a fun vintage/steampunk vibe to it by using Graphic 45's fabulous Olde Curiosity Shoppe Deluxe Collector's Edition.

I titled this one "When Pigs Fly" and it is just chock full of whimsy.  It's sort of a mini album inside a mini album, and loads of fun to create.





The base is created with medium or heavy weight chipboard and a Sticky Back Canvas Spine.  Isn't it fun?

Here's a YouTube Video Tour of the album.



       


The inside of the album has fun pocket pages made with Tammy Tutterow's fabulous Mini Paper Bag Envelope Die.  I've die cut photo mounts using the insert that comes with the die and tucked those inside each pocket page.  And let me tell you, that insert die is just the perfect size to create mats for each paper bag page in the album.

I hope you'll be inspired to create this chunky little album using lots of different designs.  Enjoy this Snapguide tutorial and then go craft those winter blues away!


Thanks so much for joining me here today!
Cheerio,
kathy
Product Links


6 comments:

  1. This is incredibly fun! Love the way you highlighted that pig! Beautiful album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing Kathy!!! I love all those fun little interactive pages inside and the clever use of UTEE to enhance and capture the key in one of the beautiful embellishments. Really fun to be able to see the details explained in the tutorial and finished video. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderfully designed mini album. It was such a treat to view the video and really be able to see all the wonderful pages, tags and tabs. Great use of the Tammy Tutterow dies. Beautiful G45 papers and wonderful vintage embellishments. Thanks so much, Kathy, for the video and the Snapchat instructions!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I will come back to view the video later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! I had great fun putting this together and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! Very detailed and thorough. Love this mini album. I think I will give it a shot. I don't have the Tammy Tutterow dies, but I can improvise. Thanks for sharing this fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete