Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Focus Part 2 -- All Things Christmas!

Hello and welcome to Part 2 of Frilly and Funkie's Friday Focus where we will be shining a spotlight on all things Christmas available for purchase at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! With all Christmas themed products in stock discounted an additional 15% through November 24 , this is the perfect time to stock up for your holiday crafts projects and even for thoughtful gifts for crafty friends and family.

As promised, I'm back to show you the pages of my Christmas junk journal, filled with lots of Christmas goodies from the shop. You can click on the link above to see the journal cover and signature covers inside and out. Click on any photo to enlarge. I'm going to apologize up front for the lengthy post and poor photo quality. It was bright and sunny today, but way too windy to photograph a paper project outdoors! There is a spot of light in many of the photos due to the sun reflecting off something outside my window. It will stop annoying you about half way through the post as the sunlight shifts.


I'll start with my first signature, of which so far I've only showed you the front cover.


I followed Anne Redfern's (Redanne) tutorial HERE to make the simple pockets within, adjusting my measurements just a little. Thank you for this and your many tutorials, Anne! This will be the perfect place to keep my Christmas lists and receipts, because the pocket expands due to the accordion fold sides. 


I've included a few tags to keep track of who's been naughty and nice. The Holiday Talk Metallic stickers make quick titles. These come in 4 different combinations--silver and gold upper and lower case text on white and black backgrounds.


I've tucked in a few Holiday Flash cards--if you flip them over you get another set of words! These make great little interactive surprises to tuck into your holiday cards.


To keep those precious wish lists contained, I've borrowed another trick from Anne and attached a clip with some of Linda's charms attached. These were colored with alcohol inks.


You may recall this is the cover of the second signature.


Within my second signature, I've included some old ledger pages, making a pocket out of one to hold a special vintage greeting. Check out that postage stamp! I love the card tucked inside, but it's the envelope that intrigues me more. You can include some of these great vintage postage themed elements in your holiday crafting by using Tim's Holiday Postmarks stamp set.


I love this Sparkles and Christmas background stamp inked with Distress Oxide, stamped second generation on some watercolor paper.



A little tuck spot made using some of the Christmas ephemera and tags I've heat embossed using clear embossing powder and Christmas Classics sentiments. I've blended them with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. The embossing resists the oxide inks--simply wipe away the color from the embossing, and you've made a quick tag for your packages.

Drawing paper opposite was aged with Distress Oxides; a combination of Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo, I think.


The Fluted Stars make great quick embellishments straight from the package, but they look great altered with inks, crayons, and paints, too!


Again, I've used glassine paper and made a little pocket by simply creating a fold and adding some ephemera with the Tiny Attacher. This is a great place to include a little calendar and those party invitations and tickets to holiday shows!



I couldn't help but include another of my vintage Christmas cards and a Holiday Clippings sticker as a caption. The card can be removed and replaced with another, because I attached it with Index Clip Fasteners. These are great to use in albums and journals, as well as on cards as functional embellishments.



In my final signature, I've placed the emphasis on a white Christmas...one can dream, can't one? The Swirly Snowflakes have such beautiful graphics and look great inked up and stamped in neutral tones. Here, I've added a simple sentiment using one of the Holiday Talk Metallic stickers.


I've used the mini swirly snowflakes on some tracing paper colored with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide. Because the paper is so thin, I adhered it to the previous page using Distress Collage  Matte Medium. Since I stamped the large snowflake on the previous page after they were adhered, it faintly shows through to this side, a happy accident. I've inked some graph paper and stamped a Christmas Classic sentiment.



I've embellished the next page with a vintage looking bow and made a little pocket fold to tuck in a photo. Tim's Metallic Trimmings are probably my favorite Christmas release of 2017. I'm so impressed with this authentic vintage look. You can color the ribbon any color to match your scheme  and the metallic luster shows through.  I've used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide to color mine. The package includes a generous length of silver and gold tones, and I've used the gold tone here. I love how it worked out that an appropriate Remnant Rub peeks out from a later page.



The Holiday Flash cards come in this gorgeous red vintage script, too (in the same package with the green shown previously), and I've used one to make a little tuck spot. I've also included some old sheet music among my pages, and I've aged them further with Vintage Photo DOX.



The tree mini stencil gives a festive feel to another of my inky papers.




I've shown off the Swirly Snowflakes on my centerfold, and made a little tuck spot for a snowy photo. The ephemera photo was aged, and I've used some Christmas Remnant Rubs to add some captions. These come in black and  white in several different fonts in the same package--love them! Again, I've used the index clips to hold my fold, and I was able to include a little bit of ephemera as a tab, glued within the outer part of the fold.


Mini Handwritten Holidays, released in 2014, I think, are still a classic in my opinion. And guess what?! At this writing, Linda has a few sets in stock in her shop! These are great for tags and cards, too, and pair well with all the current Christmas products. This Stitched Rectangle die cut stamped and embossed with one of them works great as another place to tuck a photo.




Here's more of the tracing paper; I folded it in half and adhered the halves together to give it more substance and added some Christmas Clippings stickers. I love how this looks when you hold it up to the light--a mini snowstorm!



Lastly, I used my ledger paper to hold a beloved vintage postcard and another of the Holiday Flash cards. Don't you love that you can recreate those aged spots found on real old stuff (this one's dated 1924!) with the Distress products? I'm still in 'wonder' over that!


That's it for me today! Thank you for hanging in there with me! I hope I've given you plenty of inspiration to tempt you into picking up a few holiday craft supplies! Remember all things Christmas are discounted an additional 15%  over Linda's already discounted prices at The Funkie Junkie Boutique through November 24.

Thank you for stopping by Frilly and Funkie today!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily


9 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Sara Emily, so much detail on all these wonderful pages, - beautifully put together and practical too with the pocket to keep bits and pieces together. Such great use of all those wnderful Christmas goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all the different papers and images and embellishments. A beautiful album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Worth hopping over here to see the inside of your book! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Mini Album Makers Challenge! I hope you become a regular! I have missed checking out your work and hope I have more time to visit your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous Christmas album!! Love all of your beautiful details and pieces you added to make it personal! Perfect and so nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Sara, this is just as gorgeous inside as it is on the outside and I enjoyed seeing and reading about every single little detail - the little 'snowstorm' you created is a delight, along with the beautiful vintage postcard and your 'aged' papers are fabulous. I can see what a labour of love this album was!! Thank you for your kind shout out too!

    It is such a pleasure to have you join us at Mini Album Makers with your beautiful journal. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Sara. So many wonderful details! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wow! Wow! This is totally amazing!! The inside of your journal is just as (if not even more so) gorgeous as the outside. I love it all!! The snow storm created with the stamps, the gorgeous vintage cards and tags, the aged papers .. every little detail is absolute perfection and simply stunning!! Love, love, love this!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning signatures, Sara Emily - fabulous details on each and every page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The next time I see you (even in the middle of summer!) you simply MUST bring this journal for me to inspect in person. What incredible details fill each page. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete