Thursday, November 9, 2017

Guest Designer - Susanne Nordström

It is time to welcome a new Guest Designer to Frilly and Funkie.  Please say hello to Susanne Nordstrom whose blog is Susanne's Blogg.  Susanne was the Design Team's favourite for the Show Us Your Stamps challenge.


Hello everyone,  I'm so honored to be a guest designer here!

My name is Susanne and I'm from Sweden, where I live in a small town together with the love of my life, my husband Ola. We live in a self restored house from 1915.

I like photography, to craft, travel and physical exercise such as cross country skiing, inline skating and running. I started scrapbooking about 12 years ago, and then card making. Now I'm in to both of them and also some mixed media.


I have made a wall hanging for this theme, it measures about 5" x 7".

I started off with a cardboard background which I painted with a wash (paint and color) of DecoArt media fluid in Paynes Grey and added some salt to get some interest. After that I stamped the background with a Stampendous stamp, Andy Skinner's Industrial (Crackle pattern). Then I dry brushed the edges with DecoArt media fluid in Quinacridone Gold to get that rusty effect. I wanted it to look like an old rusty metal wall. I also made some holes in the background and dry brushed the edges of the holes.

The clock is a die from Sizzix, Tim Holtz, which I treated with DecoArt texture sand, and then used Andy Skinner's rust technique. (Instructions are available on DecoArt's website.)

The "ice" word is die cut in chipboard with a die from Sizzix, Tim Holtz "Wordplay". It was then painted with Weathered wood Distress paint, stamped over with a text stamp with Archival ink, and then I used Distress crayon in Rusty hinge on the edges.



The skates are also a die cut in chipboard from Sizzix, Tim Holtz movers and shapers skate die. It was painted with white acrylic paint, after that treated with Distress collage medium "crazing", then some Distress crayon in Vintage Photo. The skids are painted with Distress paint in Brushed Pewter, and then DecoArt Quinacridone gold.



The Tim Holtz Quote chip (winter wonderland) and the Flashcard (winter) are treated with Distress collage medium vintage, then when dry, with Distress collage crazing. On top of that some Distress crayon in Vintage Photo. The small words "My skates" are Tim Holtz label letters with some Distress ink in Walnut Stain, for an aged look.

The hinge is a die cut from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die, in grungeboard, also treated with Andy's rust technique, but without the texture sand paste, and fastened with Tim Holtz mini fasteners.


* * *
If you want to get more details about Susanne's wonderful project and check our her other work, just pop on over to her blog. We hope when you are finished you will come on back and share your Timeworn project with us. The challenge runs until 11:55 pm EST on November 21st and can be found HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is superb Susanne!!!! I love the vintage aged look you've achieved with every element of this beautiful wall hanging and love the use of different textures! Thank you so much for sharing your huge talents with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how incredible! Each element is aged to perfection and I adore your corrugated base! The most wonderful project and biggest inspiration! Thank you so much for being our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made the skates look worn. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, what delightful texture on your wall hanging, Susanne from the corrugated background to the rusted clock and weathered skates! All just amazing Timeworn details! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer and and inspiring us with your artwork! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete