Thursday, February 15, 2018

Guest Designer - Stefania Salmi

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to Stefania (Stefi) Salmi, our Guest Designer for the 'Dare to Resist' challenge. Stefi was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Three Is Not A Crowd' challenge. You can find her blog Scrappallino HERE.


Hello, my name is Stefania, I am 57, I live in Italy. Few months ago I moved from Milan to Ferrara, a beautiful Renaissance town, but I find it yet difficult to be at my ease here

I like walking and biking. Fall and its colours are a feast for my eyes. I love winter freezing and robins, baking bread, biscuits, cakes… and unfortunately I like eat them all, too!

Since I was a child I liked playing with paper, colouring and cutting books. I loved paper dolls because I could express my creativity (even if I didn’t know what it meant) styling and creating many dresses for them. From then on colours and tools have risen out of all proportion and I think Tim Holtz and Dyan Reaveley have their responsability! LOL!

My hobby is a real soul therapy, it makes me feel happy.



I am very lucky and joyful to share with you this Art Journal page.

I used Paint Resist technique with Distress Paint Picket Fence.

First I randomly applied pieces of washi tapes and some Idea-ology Remnant Rubs (they can resist to colours). At bottom I used Versamark ink and white embossing powder to stamp little hearts (it is a resist technique too).

I squeezed a little amount of Picket Fence Distress Paint on my craft sheet, I gathered it with a ink roller and I covered the stamp. Soon I stamped the image. It is very important to clean immediately the stamp because the paint dries quickly.


When the background was dried, I coloured the page with Distress Oxide:

1.   rubbed Oxide on craft sheet (for my page I used 4 colours)
2.   sprayed water
3.   gathered ink with paper
4.   sprayed water again on the page and dried
5.   repeated this passage until I reached the desired colour

Recently I like collage technique, so I though to create a flowered composition with gorgeous Idea-ology Botanical collection.

I drew the vase and cut it using one of many papers I did using Paint Resist technique.


Before sticking vase and flowers, I created some textures with stencil and Transparent gloss texture paste.

Once dried, I coloured it and the pages edges with Distress Ink Ground Espresso.

You can find more details on my blog https://scrappallino.blogspot.it/  there is an Italian post, because it is very difficult for me to translate, but there are many descriptive pictures.

Notwithstanding my performance anxiety (LOL) I enjoyed myself a lot and it is a great honour for me to be here as guest designer.

* * *

After you have popped over to Stefi's blog to check out all the details of her fabulous page with all the resist techniques, come on back and share your own resist projects; the 'Dare to Resist' challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on February 27th.

And make sure you join us here at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog this coming Saturday, February 17th for a new Saturday Showcase tutorial.

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful journal page Stefi! I love the delicate resist background that allows the flowers and words to have a big impact. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for sharing the step by step for your wonderful journal page Stefi...amazing details and a beautiful layout.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Stefi! It's great to see your gorgeous creations here <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly beautiful work-can't stop examining it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so lovely, I feel fortunate to have learned about your art through this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all...huge Congrats Stefi dear! What a beautiful Journal spread...love everything about it...and the collage is superb!!! Lots of hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tantissimi e meritati complimenti Stefania!!! La tua creazione รจ meravigliosa! Un grande abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is beautiful, great use for the botanical Ideaology, very inspiring. Your description-translation was fine, followed it perfectly. Enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome and congratulations Stefi! I knew you would impress us with your amazing layers, and you have certainly done so! I adore this beloved resist technique and your stunning arrangement of these collage elements. This is such wonderful, much needed inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colours, textures, theme: I love everything in this bright warm page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page and great tutorial, Stefi, thank you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pages are phenomenal Stefi! I absolutely love the resist technique you have used. Thanks so much for joining us as guest designer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the background u made: it remds me of the beach along the seashore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Stefania! Such a beautiful project!
    thank you so much for guest hosting and sharing! ")
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A late welcome, but filled with gratitude and admiration, never the less! What a fabulous journal page and great tutorial. You've used some great resist techniques and I'm so pleased you shared them with us and our readers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete