Thursday, March 29, 2018

Guest Designer - Donna Billek

Please say hello and welcome back our Guest Designer for this Bloomin' Marvelous challenge, Donna Billek.  Donna was the Top Pick for the Dare to Resist challenge and you can find her and her fabulous creations on her blog Inkysplatters.


Happy Spring my crafty friends! I am so excited to have been asked back as a guest designer for the Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blog! Today’s project is my take on the challenge set by our host, Zoe, to come up with something that is “Bloomin’ Marvelous!” It’s a great challenge to usher in springtime and I hope my project inspires you to join in on the springtime fun!

As some of you may already know, I live in the beautiful state of Colorado where springtime is a bit of summer one day and a bit of winter the next. We had a beautiful, albeit windy, weekend only to be shoveling snow on Tuesday! Nothing like springtime in the Rockies However, today’s project was inspired not by the Colorado springtime but by a Parisian flower stall in a market that my beloved and I stumbled on last spring while we were wandering around the Ile de la Cité. While the flower stalls are a bit modernized now, I decided to make it a bit more vintage.



I grabbed the Tim Holtz Tiny Houses die and die cut a house in chipboard. I painted the house in Dylusions Paint in Vanilla Custard. I took some Finnabair Metallique Wax in Rich Copper to add some texture. The corners were covered in Tim Holtz Design Tape (Rose). For the roof I grabbed a Tim Holtz Substrate sheet and Flourish embossing folder. I rubbed the embossed design in the metallique wax. I also added a shelf to the front of the house for the flowers.


The base of the project is one of the vignette boxes from Tim Holtz that is covered in an embossed substrate sheet. I used the Tim Holtz Stitched Plaid embossing folder and again rubbed the metallique wax for added color and dimension.


I also grabbed some glass vials and Silver Alcohol ink to use has containers for the flowers. The project was finished off by a puppy dog, the flower stall lady from the Tim Holtz paper dolls as well as a variety of homemade flowers, hand dyed flowers, and pre-dyed flowers. I added the little metal pieces for the house, the ribbon, and the ruler in the front.


Thank you to the Frilly and Funkie Design team for inviting me back with another project to share with everyone. I hope you join in the challenge – I can’t wait to see what each of you create! Happy Spring!

* * *
To check out all the details for Donna's sweet flower stall, pop on over to her blog. Once you are finished, we hope you will come on back and share your flower creation with us. The Bloomin' Marvellous challenge can be found HERE and runs for the next two weeks through April 10th at 11:55 pm EST so there is lots of time to enter.

The funkie gals on the team will be here on April 4th with their Bloomin' Marvelous inspiration for you but in the meantime pay us a visit on Saturday when one of the Design Team members will be presenting another fabulous Saturday Showcase.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing Donna!!! I love all the details like the embossing, the way you altered the glass vials and the Adornments on the Tiny House. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is wonderful! What a beautiful scene you created with all the lovely details. The dog amidst the pots of flowers is so sweet! Thanks for Guest Designing at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing Donna! I love that it is not only beautiful, but very sentimental to you. Those flower vessels are amazing in silver, how cool! Great inspiration! Thanks so much for being our guest. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolument magnifique Donna! You have perfectly captured a vintage Parisian flower market stall. So many clever details, the silver vials are genius! Thank you so much for sharing your creative magic with us as guest designer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a LOVELY little vignette...
    A breath of fresh air!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is nothing short of AMAZING! I love all the textured surfaces highlighted with the metallic waxes...one of my favorite mixed media products from this year. I love looking at every single detail here! Thank you so much for being our special Guest Designer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete