Thursday, September 13, 2018

Guest Designer - Lisa Hoel

Please welcome back Lisa Hoel of Creative Juice who is our Guest Designer for the challenge running currently - 'All Creatures Great and Small'.


Hello, my name is Lisa Hoel and I’m a lifelong craft lover. I’ve been ‘arting’ ever since I first picked up a crayon! Paper crafts have been my main focus for the past sixteen years or so and I love to make detailed, layered, textured, mixed-media type projects. I am not usually a clean and simple type artist. ;-) My background is in graphic design and I'm blessed to be married to the greatest guy in the world and have two dynamic boys. You can find me here:

Blog: creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/lisa.hoel.5
Instagram: instagramcom/creativejuicefreshsqueezed
Pinterest: pinterest.com/lh_monalisa

I'm honored to be a guest here on the blog today. When I found out about the theme I knew just what I wanted to do! A few weeks previous I had found these two vintage books at a thrift store and I loved the illustrations (especially the cover of the mushroom book!!!) I knew it would be a perfect background for a woodland scene. (No books were harmed, I scanned the parts I needed.)


The little house with the bird on top has been in my stash for awhile. (I'm glad the perfect project for it finally came alone!) I added crackle paste and paint to it to make it more 'woodsy'.


The interior is decorated with a combination of diecuts, natural materials and some cool vintage mushrooms. I fussy cut the little mouse from the printout of the scanned book page.


I used spanish moss and more diecuts to decorate the top.


* * *
Pop on over to Lisa's blog post to get all the details of her wonderful little woodsy house and then come on back and show us what you create with All Creatures Great and Small. The challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, September 25, 2018.

The gals on the Funkie side of the Design Team will be here next Wednesday with more inspiration featuring creatures and on Saturday, one of our designers will be here with a new Saturday Showcase so do check in with us then.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa this is adorable!!! Love how you've taken inspiration from your vintage book and transformed this little house into a beautiful woodland vignette. Thank you so much for joining us here at Frilly and Funkie and sharing your talents xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is so perfect for the challenge!! Love your sweet little mouse nestled on the forest floor!! Thanks for guest designing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa this is awesome! So clever and whimsical! Beautiful mini house for the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable project Lisa. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, this is just adorable!!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete