Thursday, May 9, 2019

Guest Designer - Clareene Forbes

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the I Love It Because . . . challenge. Clareene Forbes of Reene's Room was the Top Pick from the March Madness challenge.


My name is Clareene Forbes. I was born and raised in the beautiful Napa Valley in California. I'm a mother of two wonderful children, four grandchildren and one , just added, great granddaughter.

I've always been a crafter in one medium or another since early childhood. I have pretty much settled into 'Mixed Media and Altered Art'. Over the years I've made so many friends in the crafting world. They have shared great lessons and techniques with me that I enjoy passing along to others in my craft workshops.

My hope is to continue to grow as an artist and teacher for many years to come...



Based on the 'I love it because' theme I choose to make something involving my favorite animal...the giraffe. Just the most lovely and graceful animal ever created. I've attached pics of the 6" x 6" easel card that holds a small 'slide and pop draw box'.


Upon opening the box a small monkey 'pops' out...

* * *
Head on over top Clareene's blog and check out the details on this fun interactive creation and then come on back and share what you love with us.  The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, May 21st.

Don't forget to pop back on Saturday for another fabulous showcase from one of our designers and then next Wednesday the gals on the funkie side of the team will be here with more inspiration for the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Charlene that little monkey popping out is adorable and the easel card is beautiful! Giraffes are wonderful! Thanks for guest designing with the Frilly and Funkie Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love giraffes, too! Such a fun, imaginative project. I love the little monkey in a box! Clever you! Thanks for being our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete