Thursday, September 12, 2019

Guest Designer - Cathy Frailey

Please say hello to our Guest Designer for the Terrific Tags challenge.  Cathy Frailey of It's Oddly Appealing was the Design Team's top pick from the Marvellous Metallics challenge.


I'm a mixed media artist from West Virginia, USA. I love mixed media, art/junk journaling, & upcycling and use everything from cardboard boxes to utensils to cans & bottles - nothing gets wasted! My style is grungy, vintage, steampunk, odd - anything weird & different & experimental but I can incorporate any style. You can see a good cross-section of my style & projects on my blog! I'm a DT member (past and present) for various craft companies, such as Emerald Creek and Canvas Corp Brands. I'm also a contributor to Mixed Up Magazine and have my own challenge blog - Bleeding Art.

I'm so thrilled to be back again as a guest designer for this wonderful challenge blog! The theme for this challenge is Terrific Tags and I knew exactly what I wanted to do! We're getting close to fall and the Halloween season so I got a head start.


Tim Holtz has some fabulous Halloween products (which you can get right here at the Funkie Junkie Boutique! ) and I knew I had to use his wallpaper as a backdrop for this hauntingly beautiful tag as well as a couple other items!


Tags aren't just for gifts - you can display them as decor or hang them up! I hope you'll stop by to see more details!
* * *
To get all the details of Cathy's tag and to see other fabulous projects she has created, pop on over to her blog.  When you have finished checking things out, come on back and share your Terrific Tag with us.  The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, September 24th.

Don't forget to come back each Saturday to see what wonderful inspiration our designers have for you when they showcase something that is available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

3 comments:

  1. So good to learn a bit more about you, Cathy! Your tag is so perfect to get us in the mood for Halloween; I'm off to have a closer look on your blog. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag Cathy, love the Halloween theme. Thanks for joining us as a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete