Thursday, October 10, 2019

Guest Designer - Nancy Hill

Please say hello and give a warm welcome for our Guest Designer for the It's Halloween challenge.  Nancy Hill of Creative Moments was the top pick from the Bits and Bobs challenge.


My name is Nancy Hill. I am retired and have creating cards and projects as my main hobby when I am not helping around our farm and ranch in rural Idaho or babysitting my grandson during the week. I have seven grand children and have three successful sons and daughter. I had a career as a teacher, professor and working with infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities.

I have been blessed to be able to work with many fabulous stamps and die companies. My goal as a scrap booker and card maker is to continue learning new techniques and trying new products, and different styles from children’s cards to shabby chic/vintage for my children. I try to reflect the interest of the person who will receive this card to personalize a card or project for them. My latest adventure is working with foamiran to make my flowers as well as working with mixed media for gift boxes.

I couldn't be more thankful and excited to The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be their guest designer for this exciting Halloween challenge.

My gift box is a way to give that special person the Halloween candy or gifts from you. The insert holds the gift into place and you can fill the box with treats and gift! Below I have a tutorial to show you how I created it.



Supplies: 

Julie Nutting: Witchy Poo Stamp and Julie Nuttie Photo Play Bootiful Paper
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Adornments Halloween Words
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Adornments, Spiders
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Ephemera Pack, Halloween Snippets
Blue Fern Studio Paper - Autencitity
Wild Orchid Craft Flower
Purple Seam Binding Ribbon
Cranberry Colored Cardstock
Graphic 45 Rare Oddities Paper
Sue Wilson Designs: Oval Stitched Die Set


Tutorial:



For this gift box, I am using a two-sided cardstock.


Inside: Sample of scoring as per instructions above. I used a cranberry colored cardstock.



Front:


Beginners: To add a nice frame around an image, take two of the frames in a set of rectangles, squares, circles or ovals, tape together and cut. For a wider frame, just use the next larger size in the set. Most of the time, I use a solid color cardstock for a frame around an image, but this time, I used the same patterned paper and sponged on Ranger Distress Ink Walnut to give the frame a vintage appearance.




Please contact me if you have any questions. Have fun with this wonderful challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Make sure to check the blogs to see all of the Halloween cards and projects this talented design team have made to share with you. We can't wait to see what you will make.

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

* * *

Hop on over to Nancy's blog to check out the details of her fabulous Halloween treat box and take a tour around to see her other creations.  When you are done, come on back and share your Halloween project with us.  The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, October 22nd.

Don't forget to check back on Saturday for more Saturday Showcase inspiration from one of our designers.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy what a fabulous treat box with the adorable paper doll witch on the front! Thanks for guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful box ! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to learn more about you, Nancy! What a sweet little treat box you created as our Guest Designer! I love the witch! Thank you guest designing and for sharing your tutorial with us as well.

    ReplyDelete