Saturday, December 14, 2019

Saturday Showcase - Holiday Tags

Welcome to the last Saturday Showcase of 2019 here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. To round off the year the Design Team have all created tags with a holiday theme and each one has it's own tutorial. So this time you get six for the price of one! All the tags are shown below (click on the images to see them up close) together with a link to each of the blog posts that will explain in more detail how they've been made.

Maggi Harding - Scrap, Travel & Bark


Graphic 45's 12 Days of Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas collections and you can still find this Deluxe Collector's Edition in The Funkie Junkie Boutique.   My tags usually feature lots of dimension and layers that I create by using dimensional foam tape between my paper layers. I also like to add diecut layers like the rectangular frame behind the Joeux Noel cut-apart. Join me on my blog for a tutorial on how to make this card. I am really miserly with my paper and I'll show you some ways to use your scraps and save paper!

Cec Wintonyk - CW Creations


I am calling my tag Snowflake Tag as it features a number of the Tim Holtz snowflake dies.  The little snowflakes have been cut from plain card stock and covered in clear glitter while the large snowflake has been cut from Tim's metallic kraft stock.  The background is old music paper that was painted and then textured with texture paste and some silver embossing.  A little seam binding with distress inks and combined with some fun fibers tops the tag off.

Sara Emily - sarascloset


My tag features several products from Linda's shop perfect for Christmas crafting, and I can use them for projects throughout the winter season. I covered a Collage Frame with one of Tim Holtz fabulous retro designs from the Christmas Worn Wallpaper pack and adhered this to a small Etcetera Tag to frame a Tim Holtz Holiday Greetings sentiment.  I used Tim's Radiant 3D Impresslit and Fanciful Snowflakes Thinlits to embellish my snowy scene.  If you would like more details and to see how this goes from being Christmas home decor to a functional gift card holder, please drop by my blog.

Ginny Nemchak - Polly's Paper Studio


I created this quirky and whimsical Christmas tag with layers of the patterned papers from the Stamperia Blue Stars collection.  The image is fussy cut and added with spacers for loads of dimension.  The Antique Gold Mesh ribbon is wrapped around the bottom of the tag for texture. Pretty coordinating Prima flowers create a lovely arrangement when filled in with Die Cut Skeleton Leaves and loopy twine bows. Last but not least a few metal charms and a vintage button are the perfect finishing touch. For a full step out tutorial on this tag please join me on the Polly's Paper Studio Blog

Suzanne Czosek - Suzz's Stamping Spot

Sizzix Christmas Ribbon Sizzix Funky Festive Greens Stampers Anonymous Yuletide Gatherings for The Funkie Junkie Boutique

I was inspired by a cooking challenge where they were asked to create an all white design on their Christmas Baked goods. I love how soft it can look when you mix layers and textures of white. The background is stamped with Versamark and embossed to add a soft layer on the tag. The next layer is a mix of die cut flowers, sentiment, berries and branches. They are accented with a few metallic droplets painted white with a layer of frost. For a few more close ups and details pop on over to Suzz's Stamping Spot

Jenny Marples - Pushing The Right Buttons


I've created a set of gift tags by using a patchwork of papers for the background, painting, stencilling and stitching over them before adding stamping and embossing. With stamped seam binding ribbons and brass Christmas themed charms these are now ready to adorn parcels under the tree this year. Find out more about how these came together over on my blog.

**********

We hope you've enjoyed seeing how these Holiday tags were made. Remember there's still time to link your own Holiday makes to the current 'It's The Holidays' challenge which runs through Tuesday, December 17th to be in with a chance of winning. We'll be back on Monday December 23rd to announce the winners so make sure to join us then.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tags all round - what a lovely festive inspiration post. Thanks to all and a very merry Christmas to you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete