Thursday, September 24, 2020

Guest Designer - Birgit Johansson

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for our Staying in the Background challenge. Birgit Johansson of Cards R Fun was the Design Team's Top Pick for the Stencilmania challenge.


Hello there crafters! I am so delighted to feature in the guest designer post on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog - It is such an honor!

I live with my family in Sweden. I've loved paper ever since I was a kid, so it's no wonder I've made lots of cards over the years. My style and the materials I worked with have also changed over the years.


For the card I will show you today for the challenge" Stay In The Background" I have used a fairly simple embossing technique that works for almost all styles..


First I stamped leaves and clear embossed them on watercolor paper, then I sponged over Distress inks and stamped more leaves. I also added paint and water splatters.


I stamped the sentiment on vellum paper in black and clear embossed it too. If you are more interested in which products I have used, you are welcome to visit my blog Cards R Fun.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to be a guest designer together with the talented design team over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog!

* * *
Go to Birgit's blog to check out all the details of her background and card. Once you have done that come on back and share your handmade backgrounds with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm EDT on Tuesday, September 29th.

4 comments:

  1. Birgit, your card is so fresh and uplifting! I love the embossed technique you've used for your wonderful background! So happy to have you as our special Guest Designer! Thank you so much for all your hard work and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background Birgit! Lovely card! We are so happy to have you guest designing here with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birgit your card is so gorgeous. I love that embossed background. Thank you for sharing it and being our Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete