Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Guest Designer - Christine Bedford

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Funkie and Frilly' challenge. Say hello to Christine Bedford (pearshapedcrafting) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'I'm Feeling Like Royalty' challenge.


Hi everyone, I am so pleased and honoured to be Guest Designer here today. My blog, Pearshapedcrafting has led to me being known as Pearshaped Chris, which would be about right! I live in South Manchester with my hubby, who has recently joined me in taking part in online art journaling classes. We love to go out to visit country gardens , many of which get shown on my blog. I have always done some sort of crafting since I was a child, encouraged by my Mum. Since retiring from teaching Special Needs children I have enjoyed paper crafting, especially art journalling.

Here is my Funkie and Frilly card.


First I assembled an assortment of bibs and bobs I thought I might like to use.


I gave the edges a wash using Faded Jeans Distress Ink before adding some favourite papers.


I tried some ideas out - not happy with that lace on the right! As you can see it was easily changed.


Thanks for inviting me for this challenge - I had forgotten how much I love layering paper and lace! I hope you will join in with this Topic 'Frilly and Funky’.

Chris xx
* * *
Isn't Chris's card fabulous and so perfect for the current challenge. Thank you Chris for your wonderful inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Once you have checked out her blog, come on back and share your 'Funkie and Frilly' makes with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, July 27th.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris. I am so happy to see your guest post. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layered card Chris. You've really captured the spirit of the challenge theme so well. So excited to have you join us here as a Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete