Saturday, July 31, 2021

Saturday Showcase - Tim Holtz Sizzix Flower Field Die

Hello friends. It's Teri from TerisMailbox here spotlighting the 'Flower Fields' Die from Tim Holtz and Sizzix for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I admit to be addicted to all things Tim Holtz. This die has become a new favorite!

Check out the variety of techniques on all five cards!

I started by watercoloring two different cards using watercolor techniques. The first card uses the border as a watercolored die-cut piece.

Check out the dimension achieved by layering an additional die cut below the water-colored piece! I used distressed ink reinkers to color the die cut and smooshed the background with Tumbled Glass and Speckled Egg Distress inks.

Colors used include Wilted Violet, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint and Abandoned Coral inks for the flowers.


After gluing the die cut watercolor piece to the smooshed background, I mounted the watercolor piece on an A2 hotdog  cardstock base. The sentiment is from Stampers Anonymous 'Nature's Wonder' stamp set that I thought completed this card well.

The second card is also water-colored, this time using an embossed image. Check out this soft willowy image!


This card started with the die embossed onto a piece of watercolor paper. I added the same colors of ink listed above to the embossed areas on the paper. I filled in the sky with Tumbled Glass Distress Inks and spritzed the paper and let the colors move.


Check out how soft the colors are after they spread!  If you look closely, you can see a faint outline on the flowers and grass, This was achieved by using a brayer to apply Hickory Smoke Distress ink directly to the die and re-embossing the piece. I love how it just spotlights the flowers!


The sentiment is from Stampers Anonymous 'Tiny Text' Stamp. I love these sets for the variety of sentiments for all occasions! I stamped it on a strip of watercolor paper and applied to the front of the piece. The embossed piece is mounted on an A2 cardbase.

I have a video on my YouTube Channel documenting the process for these two cards. I hope you enjoy the video I'd love to have you subscribe to my channel.


In addition to these cards, I created three other cards using backgrounds from my stash. Do you make backgrounds and save for "just the right card"? Once I get going with a background technique, I tend to make several and find just the right opportunity to use them at a later date.

I used two alcohol ink backgrounds for the first two cards.


Check out the shine on this card! The background is Ranger orange and yellow alcohol inks with gold spotlights from gold Thermoweb Deco Foil applied while still wet. The floral border was cut from gold cardstock and applied over the alcohol ink piece.


The sentiment is from the Stampers Anonymous 'Tiny Text' Stamp by Tim Holtz, embossed in gold on black cardstock. Black cardstock frames this piece beautifully.

I love the elegant look of this card!


This card is also on a Ranger alcohol ink base, this time with rainbow hues. The alcohol inks spread so well on Ranger Yupo Paper


Check out the brillance created from the combination of the bright alcohol inks mounted on black cardstock and topped with the 'Flower Field' Die cut from black cardstock. The sentiment is from the Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text Stamp by Tim Holtz, white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock.

The final card today used ink smooshing. I love to ink smoosh. This background uses Dusty Concord and Bundled Sage Distress inks on watercolor paper. 


This color combo is one of my favorites!  The 'Flower Field' Die was cut from Dusty Concord ink smooshed watercolor paper and mounted on the base.


There is that same sentiment from 'Tiny Text', this time stamped on watercolor paper and popped up with additional strips of cardstock. The watercolor base is mounted on an A2 cardstock base.


Stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and check out all the wonderful products available!

I hope you have enjoyed my spotlight. I hope I have inspired you to try different techniques. I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Love all these cards . . . . and ONE die! Amazing, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. This die will appear many times in the future!

      Delete