Thursday, October 14, 2021

Guest Designer - Lyla Larimore

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Fall Gratitude' challenge. Say hello to Lyla Larimore (A Chief's Wife's Heart's 'aFire) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'De-stress with a little distressing' challenge.


Hello, everyone! It’s always truly an honor to be here at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog as a Guest Designer for any theme! I've been crafting with paper in some way or form just about my entire life, beginning with making my own dollhouses, furniture, and then worked my way up to reality as a homemaker. Those skills came in very handy when my kids got into school. I spent my afternoons making whatever paper project the school's hallways needed for each subject of study, event, or holiday where help was needed. My projects since having to retire from school and photography have toned down quite a bit - but not in the sharing of it!


This time, I’m back with a make that is very personal but definitely has something to be GRATEFUL for. I’ve chosen a few things that were ordered specifically from The Funkie Junkie Boutique with this project in mind.


The new Tim Holtz Mr. Bones makes his debut as my very first Colorize set of dies. I’ve avoided them due to having Rheumatoid Arthritis trouble on very tiny dies, but Mr. Bones just stole my heart and he’s not all that bad on my fingers- and FUN to do! Please stop by my blog, A Chief’s Wife’s Heart’s A’Fire, to see the skeletons in my closet.

* * *
Oh WOW! Isn't Lyla's Halloween themed vignette box amazing!. Thank you Lyla for your wonderful inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out her blog to see the tutorial - Lyla always shares every step of the process so you won't want to miss it. Then come on back and share your shimmering Fall Gratitude projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, October 19th.

6 comments:

  1. This is an amazing piece. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this project so much Lyla. Thank you for going above and beyond to share it with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry the wording under each pic on the post somehow disappeared!!
    I’m in a pinch for time , so I hope the photos tell the story till I can retype it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry the wording under each pic on the post somehow disappeared!!
    I’m in a pinch for time , so I hope the photos tell the story till I can retype it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyla, it is great to see you Guest Designing here again! This is a great project, and I'm looking forward to hopping to your blog a little later to see all the details.

    ReplyDelete