Saturday, October 23, 2021

Saturday Showcase - Leaf Fragments Dies

Hi Funkie Junkie Friends! Its Teri With TerisMailbox posting for the Saturday Showcase from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. As soon as I saw the Leaf Fragments Dies by Tim Holtz, I knew I had to have them. Today I present seven different cards using these versatile dies.


Once I started making, I could not stop! Each card led to a new idea.

My YouTube video walks you through the entire process from creating the variety of backgrounds to card assembly.



I started with a slimline card created on a Kraft Base. The leaves are cut from a distress inked background from my stash. I added Ledger Script (CMS 241) stamped with Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink.  I added a few dark green strips cut with the Deckle Edge Trimmer to the front, followed by a piece of Ideology Ephemera. The viewfinders are cut from a patterned paper in my stash and added.


I added a small quote from Ideology to complete the card.


I was able to create a two-fer by using the stamped distress inked background.


Check out how I mounted the background piece and added the cutouts to the base. The sentiment is from an older Stampers Anonymous Stamp.


This card uses the Limited Edition Seasonal Mica Distress Sprays #1 in Flickering Candle, Jack-O-Lantern along with Brushed Corduroy Distress Sprays on a cotton paper. The leaves are done in alcohol inks on Yupo Paper.


The sentiment is cut from an older Sizzix Die #661801. The card was easy to assemble once the circle was cut. Add a bit of twine and you are ready to go.


This is my favorite of all the cards created! It started with a Kraft Slimline base. The birch background is created by stamping the Birch Background from the Birch and Pine stamp CMS280 on a thin piece of Cougar Natural cardstock trimmed with the Deckle Edge Trimmer.


The Leaf Fragments are cut from yet another piece of distressed ink background from my stash. I often will just take a day and make many backgrounds using inks and sprays. Do you do that? After mounting the birch piece on dark green from my stash, I cut another set of Leaves to back the inked pieces. The sentiment if from one of my all time favorite stamps Nature's Wonder CMS 343. Backed with another piece of green cardstock, the strip offers a great place to cover the overlap between the two background stamps.

The next card features leaves cut using alcohol ink on glitter paper.


The background is another stash piece cut with the Deckle Edge Trimmer. I told you I make many while I am at it. The sentiment is from CMS 343 Nature's Wonder, a great leaf stamp with many useful sentiments.


Assembly was quite easy. Attach the background, add the leaves with a twine bow and top off with the sentiment!


Another simple card using a distress inked background from the stash. The base of this design is orange cardstock. I did cut one leaf from the center before mounting (a trick I use often to conserve paper). The brown leaf has 2 layers and is inked on the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


You will probably recognize the leaf from the next card! The sentiment from Nature's Wonder set, embossed in Copper and a twine bow finish this card.



This one started with a piece of acetate with alcohol ink in fall colors applied. Recognize the plaid from a leaf on the previous card? The plaid from Lumberjack CMS 384 was inked with Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks randomly and stamped on Natural Cougar Cardstock. 

After lining up the plaid in the center of the Natural Cougar card base, I lined up the Leaf Fragment Die and cut through the plaid and the front of the card base leaving a window for the inked acetate piece. The acetate is sandwiched between the plaid and the base. 


I lined up an additional orange leaf on the inside to add texture to the leaf.


And yet another sentiment from Nature's Wonder CMS 343 mounted on a strip or orange cardstock highlights the orange leaf.  A few coordinating enamel dots finish this one up.


I encourage you to stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique to check out all things Tim.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to be creative with a single focal die set. I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites, all named TerisMailbox.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Teri! Your leaves are so realistic and you've really made the most of them on the beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete