Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Guest Designer - Alice K

Today we welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Living Things' challenge. Say hello to Alice K (Yellow House Studio) who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Chalk It Up' challenge.


Hello, I am Alice K. I have been crafting all my life, starting with crayons at an early age and working my way into mixed media in my more mature years. I mostly make Artist Trading Cards (ATC), but have veered into greeting cards lately. My recent love is die cutting and building small scenes with them. You can visit my blog at yellowhousestudio.blogspot.com

This is my guest project for Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog for the Living Things, where I was recently honored to have been chosen as the Top Pick. My project combines my love for die cuts and painting my own substrates.


I do love a good walk in the woods. At this time of year when the leaves are almost all down it's easy to spot the squirrels chasing up and down the tree trunks. I was overjoyed to find this squirrel stamp recently, and inspired to make a card to send apropos of nothing, inspired by my walks.


The leaves were die cut from several papers that I had painted with Distress Oxides. I added some silver thread around them as well as a few 'dew drops' (aka clear glue). The sentiment is stamped and then embossed with orange red and reads 'It is lovely life'.

* * *
How perfect that Alice found that squirrel stamp to make her beautiful card! Thank you Alice for your wonderful inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out her blog to see more of her creations. Then come on back and share your shimmering 'Living Things' projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, November 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment