Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Lyla's Easter Joy

It's Lyla here, and I was late getting my project blogged due to the emergency and flying out so quickly, so my apologies if this posting comes out a bit later than usual for The Funkie Junkie Boutique's blog. (THANK YOU, Linda, for being so flexible with the Design Team whenever "life" happens!) It's all coming along- but the younger Kids will need some prayers along the way. :') The newest theme for TFJB Inspiration Ave is out and it's one of the sweetest days of the year for this one: "Easter Joy"! There are so many different ways - as well as many different craft items - to make something for this special holiday - and I'm up first with my take on this. I'm keeping to the heart of it with my double-sided tag I've titled HOPE. Scroll down with me and I'll show you how this Etcetera Tag came together.




I tore off the handles from a grocery brown paper sack to use them for the cross.


I trimmed them off, embossed them with Crackle Folder with Black Soot Oxide, and then used
some Oxide Ground Espresso Ink to age them.


I covered the inside heart from the Etcetera shape and after some sanding down, inked it with Oxide in Ground Espresso. My ChiefHubby found the cement nails for me- they were smaller and fit just right. The rust is real since these nails were probably in the storage area for quite some time.


I chose some Backdrops from different TH Volumes 1, 4, and 5 packets of paperie to cover my Etcetera pieces. Names for those in The Book of Life and an old receipt for payments that stood for "the cost" of life.


I added some stitching from my sewing machine after fussy-tearing and inking.


Each piece got some edging in the newest Scorched Timber Distress Crayon.


I needed some rays of light, and the TH Snowfall Paste- which a little added Oxide Squeezed Lemonade mixed in - added just the right amount of soft sparkle.


I gave these a couple of coats of paint each.


Then chose to use some Amythyst Alcohol Ink to bring out more of the purple in the Backdrop sheet.


I used some VERY OLD Rock Candy Crackle Paste for a few cracks on the white paint. then distressed it with some Distress Crayons on a water brush before putting it together.



Some seldom-used TH IdeaOlogy Bouquet: I peeled it apart to arrange it how I wanted.


Distressing the Salvaged Rabbit... I LOVE how Tim brought these back again for 2024!!


Some newer TH Word Tags along with older Heart Charms on a couple of TH Jump Rings helped the ribbons of color with sentiment. The ribbons were all Freebies from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Here's the HOPE Tag I ened up with:


FRONT




The perfect sentiment for this tag came from TH Quote Chip Labels.


BACK


The Idea-ology Salvaged Rabbits are sooo cute! So are chocolate bunnies, but I won't go there... ; )


The tiny BIBLE is a make I did last fall while making tiny books for another TFJB project.


Thanks so much for joining me on this joyful journey of HOPE in celebrating our "Joyful Easter" theme at TFJB Inspiration Ave!

Don't forget to pop back in every couple of days so you can enjoy the rest of our great Design Team's take on this latest theme from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Wishing you a very HAPPY EASTER with all the BLESSINGS, great and small!

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment