Friday, June 14, 2024

Janna's Brightly Shining Alcohol Ink Card

 Hello and welcome to this week’s TFJ Inspiration Avenue blog. This week we are creating to the theme of “All About Alcohol”. Since we are featuring inks I decided I wanted to go with a cosmic vibe for this theme. We are going to create a celestial inspired card with alcohol inks.

For full video click here.






Alcohol ink Glacier, Laguna, Dandelion, Alloy Gilded, Cobalt, Vineyard, Boysenberry, Ranger Alcohol Ink Duralar, Ranger Yupo Paper, Sizzix Mischievous, Sizzix Crescent Moon and Stars, Holly Jolly CMS 474, Mink ink, Deco Foil, foam squares, Tiny Attacher, Idea-ology Decorative Tape, Isopropyl 90%.


To start today’s card we will be creating an alcohol inked yupo base. The colors we are using today include Laguna, Vineyard, Glacier, and Cobalt.


To create our background we will be using the drippy Ink technique. First I drizzled the alcohol inks at the top of the yupo paper and then set it up against a bottle to prop it up to let the ink start dripping downwards.


Next I spritzed heavily with isopropyl to get the ink to flow down the yupo.


Below is the completed alcohol ink background.


Next we will be making a second background to die cut a moon out of. For colors we will be using Dandelion and alloy alcohol ink Gilded along with some Blending Solution.


To move the ink around I used the TH Ranger ink blowing tool. I spread out a base of Dandelion first the. I added the Blending Solution. Once the Blending Solution was applied I added about six drops of alloy to the yupo surface. Again I moved the ink around with the ink blowing tool. After I die cut a moon from the background using the Sizzix Bigz die Crescent Moon and Stars.


Next I pulled out a favourite holiday stamp set CMS474 Jolly Holiday to stamp stars with.


To stamp I decided to stamp with Mink Ink on duralar. Duralar is a heat stable transparent substrate. Using a scrap piece of plastic I dripped some Mink ink onto scrap plastic surface. Then I used a brayer (Ranger TH) to spread the ink out. Then I brayered the ink onto the star stamp and stamped onto the duralar.


I lightly applied the ink with the brayer rolling 2 - 3 times. If minc ink is over worked it tends to peel off the stamp. After covering the whole surface in with stamped stars I cleaned off the stamp with some Ranger Archival ink cleaner.


Below is the finished stamped background. With the minc ink stamped we can now add foil for some sparkling stars.


To add the foil I pulled out the minc mini machine. I set the mini minc to 4 and then made a sandwich of the foil and substrate to feed through the machine.


Below are the foiled stars.


Then I attached the layer of duralar to the alcohol inked background using the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Attacher stapler.


To hide the staples I added a layer of decorative Idea-ology washi tape.


For finishing touches I used foam squares to add in the moon and an adorable black cate from the Sizzix die set mischievous. For the sentiment I used an Idea-ology label sticker.



Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: @treasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna


Supplies used:  

Ranger Alcohol Inks:

Glacier 

Ranger Yupo Paper 

Alloy Gilded

Laguna

Dandelion

Cobalt

Vineyard

Boysenberry

Ranger Alcohol Ink Duralar

No comments:

Post a Comment