Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started!

Welcome to the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog, a place where vintage is cherished and celebrated in all its many forms.  Whether your favorite style is shabby chic, vintage grunge or retro, you'll find lots to inspire you here every week.  Our first challenge will be Wednesday, March 28 and all our designers we will share their favorite vintage style.  After that, we will have bi-weekly challenges but you will get to see new work from our designers every week.  We have split our team into two styles - the Frillies and the Funkies.  The Frillies will post their interpretation of the challenge theme the first week of the challenge.  The following week, the Funkies will post their interpretation of the challenge.  Whatever your style, you can play along any time during the two weeks the challenge is open.

We are so excited to start the kick off.  For the next seven days we are going to tease you by revealing who is on our new design team, one designer each day.  We hope you will visit each one of them and leave them some love and encouragement.  On March 28th, our official start date, we will do a random drawing of all those who left comments on every designer's blog and that person will win a $25 gift certificate to my Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Once you finish visiting all the blogs, please come back here and sign up for the drawing using the linky system that will be the top post here on March 27th.


And now a little about me.  I'm Linda Coughlin also know as The Funkie Junkie with a blog of the same name.  I am the owner of this blog as well as the Our Creative Corner challenge blog.  I've been on a number of design teams over the past few years including Our Creative Corner, Creative Card Crew, Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge, Pile it On, The Prairie Fairy, Isabella's Sketchbook, Sugar Creek Hollow and Simon Says Stamp and Show.  I've been a guest designer for JustRite Stamps, The Shabby Tea Room and am currently doing a five month guest designer spot for Artistic Outpost.  A year ago, I started a small Etsy boutique selling-out-of-the-mainstream craft supplies. I recently  moved my shop over to Zibbet and it is growing but I do not and will not be selling everything the big on-line superstores sell.  My aim is to stay boutique size - a place you can go to find different and somewhat unique types of craft supplies and receive hand-touched packaging and stellar customer service.  That said, I will admit that my love of Ranger products has propelled me into the decision to carry Ranger products also.

My crafting style is on the shabby side of vintage, but I love working with the artsy, grungy stuff too.  So you will see me playing on both the Frilly and the Funkie sides of the team from time to time.  I'm super excited to be starting this challenge blog.  We are going to have lots of things happening every week.  Check out our Weekly Schedule of Events tab up top and sign up as a follower or for our emails so you don't miss a thing.

42 comments:

  1. SHUT the VintAGe DooR girl! Wowzas! Amazing look of this blog. Everything screams you! I love it. I've always loved your style! Wish I could do it like you! That's what makes all of us unique I guess! I will hope to play along but mainly if I make something shabby-vintagy-chic-retro-ish! I promise! Best of luck with your new endevour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds as though it's going to be a lot of fun....I admire all sorts of styles / genres etc but love vintage and shabby. I am hoping that we see some "new faces" to your DT and am looking forward to playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!!! Linda, this looks amazing, fun and very very interesting. Nobody does Vintage like you sweetie. I'm looking forward to seeing all the DT's work over the next week. Good luck with everything sweetie.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Linda....wishing you lots of luck with this new blog...I'm following you!!!...will definitely join the challenges!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I can't wait for the challenges to start! It sounds like it going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! wishing the best for your new challenge blog! with your talent alone we will all learn so much...looking forward to meeting your Design Team!
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda can't wait for this challenge to start I'm going to try and participate as much as possible. Love your style and your blog.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome Linda! i can't wait to meet the DT and for the first challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!! I hope it's ok if I'm frilly AND funky, lol! ;-) Can't wait to see your challenges - sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh lovely - how fun is this? Looking forward to your fist challenge and good luck!! I generally tend to go for cutesy but I would love to try some new things and may well have a dabble in the shabby side of chic :-)
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Linda
    I just love this card, what a way to allure someone like me, you always WOW me with your Shabby chic/Vintage style, as this is what I want to aspire to. The softness of the card with its Pink and Cream tones is tangible, and epitomises the genre completely. If this is the entrée enticement then I am eager to see the main course and dessert. I will certainly involve myself into this side of your style Challenges.
    You have already seduced me!
    I am excited to know who the Designers are going to be, and looking forward to seeing their work, you are all going to have some fun ahead with this Blog I think.
    How exciting for you all.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wishing you all a fabulous white water arty ride - you will all be amazing! Looking forward to seeing the frills, thrills and the funky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda: Congrats to you for starting a new challenge blog! I love your shabby chic style and the soft tones you use on all your projects. I hope to participate!
    Sharon
    Aka celticrafter

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so exciting!! I look forward to meeting the design team and playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always beautiful art! Your store is fabulous!
    inky hugs,
    Stasia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda - This is soooo exciting! I love your card, of course. It is gorgeous. Love what's in your new shop. Just love what you do & can't wait to share this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant piece of work! Love all the shabby goodness!

    ~ Ü ~ hilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats GF! I'm so happy to see whatz'up from day 1! Nothing better than "going for it"! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new adventure Linda! You are my shabby chic hero. LOL This card is a perfect example. Just love that flower and the beautiful applique pieces matched with those soft papers. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of your team has to share. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations ... this is absolutely fantastic Linda ... what a great site this will be, and kudos to you for getting it up and going.
    Wishing you all the very very best!!!
    Love this card too ... so soft and oh so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the blog look and your gorgeous card Linda!! I am a follower!! Congratulations on your new venture and what a great idea to have Frilly and Funkie! Can't wait to see your Design team and their work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your new blog, Linda! Your card is beautiful and I love your style! I love the shabby-chic/Victorian look and I am so inspired by your work! Can't wait for this site to be up and running!

    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds fantastic can't wait for the challenges to start! I found you through Marjie's blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow congratulations Linda, how exciting! Can't wait to 'meet' all the new DT and admire all the frilly and funkie artwork.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yippee!!
    Great news, Linda :)
    I am a great admirer of your style and your card here is, as always, utterly gorgeous.
    So looking forward to the 28th.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun Excitement, your my favorite Vintage designer, I wanted to say Vintage Lady but I don't want to age you! Love the card, I pined it, I'm a follower and I added your Frilly/Funkie button to my blog, got a lot done in one stop! Wishing you the best and I know it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm thrilled that you have started this challenge blog! I participated in your 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge and hoped you would do more challenges because it was so much fun. I love your work and am so looking forward to finding out whom you have chosen for your DT and what the first challenge will be. I love frilly, but I love funkie too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your new challenge blog looks and sounds great! I hope it'll be a great success x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! I came over from Marjie's blog - it's nice to "meet" you and I'm looking forward to playing with everyone here!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations and how great to have another vintage challenge blog to play in. I am looking forward to meeting your team and seeing what the first challenge is.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  31. Heard about this from Marjie and am anxious to see the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very fun--I found out at Marjie's, too, but would have found you at Terry's anyway!

    What? No, I'm NOT a blog stalker . . . very much.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool art piece. Frilly and Funkie sounds like a fun place to play.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Linda, very happy for your newest endeavor. Can't wait to see what your DT creates.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so exciting!!! Love, love your card! I'm so glad I found this challenge blog and all the talent. Can't wait to see the fun begin:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrrats on the new blog- I look forward to seeing Frilly and Funky DT projects! I love to be inspired by challenges, so will be back! Off to check out your blog and store! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi there. I'm loving your new blog already. Can't wait for many more beautiful creations from all the DTs.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your new blog, can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Linda as always amazing job! Can't wait to see what you all have up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete