Monday, March 26, 2012

A New Creative Journey

My Avatar
Hello everyone crafty! I am Anita Houston, of the Artful Maven Haven, and I am deeply honored to have been asked to be a "Funkie" Design Team member here at Frilly and Funkie! I have been creating things ever since I could hold a crayon, and I have pretty much dabbled in everything (not oils yet), but after attending a Tim class back in 2007, I was hooked and taken in by the 'dark side'! I love vintage and antiqued everything! My favorite creative messes are usually some sort of 3D thing with wings, paint, metals, or wood! I love getting my hands dirty with craftiness...it's my favorite kind of work! 
Here is a tag I created last year when I first started blogging. It is probably my very favorite tag, as I put in the hours for this one, and it's the first time I ever dabbled in the SteamPunk genre.
Please don't forget about our random drawing bonus! On the 28th, when we have our first challenge, we will announce a random drawn winner out of all those who visited every single DT blog and left a comment. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie boutique.
I am sure I will be making new friends with so many of you out there, and I hope all of you join in on all this inky fun! I look forward to working with and learning from this very talented Design Team, and I am uber excited to be a part of Linda's new creative journey!
More Tag Info

24 comments:

  1. Wow!! what a fabulous DT so far I love your tag, so so different and exciting. Can't wait to see all the DT's creations together.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this tag! It is a really feminine steampunk, which I love heaps...I haven't had a go yet at this style, but I love seeing what everyone else comes up with. Congratulations on being a FT at F&F. All the best
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your tag! Congrats on your DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft features on a great tag. Welcome and have fun with your new adventure. Will be fun to ess your designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Anita! Love it! You have a great style and this new DT appointment for you will be so much fun for all of us to see your creations! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your steam punk tag, Anita! Can't wait to play along with you here on the F&F team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tag, Anita! Am going to check out your blog . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag. I love the feminine bits and pieces that soften the look. Congratulations.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! I'm just starting to dabble in steampunk, but so far have been unable to find much in way of embellishments in the stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning-congrats on bding part of the dt !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag! I like that it's a "feminine" type steampunk style and not so masculine! You do beautiful work and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your style. I'm just getting into the vintage/shabby-chic look and you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning tag!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Anita
    Many Congratulations, you will be a wonderful addition to the Funkie side of Frilly, I am frilly as you know, but I am a firm believer in making cards for fun is a good way to try new ideas, and that one should recognise different art forms and give them a go, it does not matter if it is not perfect, by trying you are learning, and I always want to learn and extend myself, so you never know Anita, I may venture one day into this Genre of yours.....to the Dark side.
    Your Tag has an eclectic feel, it is all -embracing with various styles; vintage, fantasy,and grunge. Combining these elements to form a piece of Art would take some talent, and I can well imagine it took you some time to complete the project.
    It is an interesting piece, not something to place on a Birthday card, but to be viewed as an Art form. Just Brilliant.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I GUESSED it!! Linda - you put together one heck of a team! I couldn't be more excited for all of you! Anita - your tag is amazing, as always, and I am so thrilled for you! How much fun am I going to have learning and being inspired by this team! Two more days till the party gets started!! WOO HOO!! The best thing is we all know where to buy the GREATEST funky junk ever! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at the psychadelic details here! LOVE IT! YAHOOOO! !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the DT!!! Big congrats! Your tag is super...love all the detail! I'm excited to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your tag Thanks for sharing
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a wonderful tag!! I am more a frilly person I think but I can still admire the creativeness of work like yours! Linda has such a wonderful design team - congratulations on being part of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful tag, love the steampunk style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab tag. Looking forward to the new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! I love the face on your tag- great idea can't wait to see what else you all come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome tage. Love all your details! Fabulous!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete