So I will warn you there are quite a few photos..hope you hang in there! All the links for the fab goodies will be at the end.
I started by using part of one of the masks ( flower stems ) and the yummy studio 490 paste in white ( I love this and have used it loads and loads!) . I masked off the other areas of the mask so I was just left with the stem and applied the paste through this piece.
The reason I did this is I knew other wise I would get paste through all sorts of bits of the stencil that I didn't want! ( This is a fab stencil as it has 3 different flowers an stems). When dry and this dries fairly quickly and can always be wafted with heat if imaptient...I added some of the same paste through a Dylusions number stencil too. Now to get inky!
I lightly spritzed the tag with water and then with Dylusions sprays in blues and melted chocolate ( brown).
I spritzed a bit of extra water and then blotted off using kitchen roll.
I then heat dried the tag and dabbed into some of the remaining droplets on my craft sheet. to build up the layers .
Now for the next layer, the clever thing about Dylusions is you can still remove colour using water ..a technique Dyan Reavely calls faux bleach. So I placed a large circle stencil over areas of the tag and spritzed with water.
The longer you let the water sit before blotting off the more bleached it looks, i.e the more colour is removed.
I then added some layers of stamping using text from live and make art...Wendy Vecchi and also from mixed media set by Tim Holtz . the great thing is these large stamps can be inked up and rolled on to the cardstock to create partially stamped images.
I then edged with walnut stain distress ink. ..hope you are still with me!?
Now onto the fab flowers again from the live and make art set I applied Dylusions in same way as background to a piece of cardstock and then stamped the flowers on the reverse so that when cut out you don't see the stamped edge but get the fab shape!
I then edged the flowers in peacock feathers and vintage photo distress inks..
The details are below...I added some curled wire for stems..Some of Linda's fab rusty safety pins for leaves and some idea-ology cogs for flower centres.( you know me and cogs!)
I dyed some seam binding and added a twist of wire and a wonderful sentiment from the same fab set live and make art.
Well if you have made it to the end...thanks.hope you like this make and the cool thing is there are so many fab colour combinations I now want to try...and I am a neutral girl at heart!
all the goodies are linked below...
have a fun and inky day!