Here is the completed piece, all filled and decorated to give you an idea...
the tags ...
Start by cutting seven pocket envelopes from cardstock , I chose plain cream card, but you could use patterned paper.if you prefer. Fold all the creases....and then add a strip of double sided tape as shown below on all the envelopes and then seal.
Once sealed , bend back the larger of the flaps, so it is folded back on itself...almost the wrong way to you would fold if you wanted to seal the envelope. Do this for five of the envelopes.
Now apply tape to this piece and then folded back on itself attach to another pocket envelop , as shown below
You need to do this for 4 out of the five envelopes and on the bottom envelope the flap will be left, this is what will be needed to hold the whole book together. see below.
This flap needs to be bent around the other envelopes and secured in place.
Now to the bottom end which has the small flaps of the die cut still open and on, we now need to trim off these flaps to leave open pockets at this end of the book.
Now for the inserts, I used manilla tags size 8 which I trimmed to fit , so trimming a small amount off of each side and some of the bottom... to approx 12 cm x 7cm
Now for the last two envelope die cuts , I used these to create a cover for the book. see below:
I used this for the cover, using wonder tape as it is strong, we need the flap to punch a hole in for the tie for the book. Once the covers are on punch a hole through so that the seam binding can tie through these holes and the tag holes inside the pockets.
So now for the fun part, I decorated my tag book after but it may be easier to decorate the envelopes before construction. I have added all the materials I used for decorating below but will leave the details apart form a few pictures for my blog later in the week..otherwise you may need more than a cuppa!
I used mine to treasure some fun memories from our holiday to Disneyland Paris last year.
I used lots of rub ons, idea-ology and tied with seam binding dyed with vintage photo distress stain.
The tags and background were made using distress paints :
I then added lots of rubs ons and the tags and inside of the tag book and also some film strip die cuts...hours of fun ...
(If you decide to have a go I would love to see your makes , so drop me a line and I will be sure to pop across!)
thanks for stopping by and hope you are inspired to have a go!
have a fun and inky day!