I started with a 12" x 12" piece of chipboard that was packaged around a paper order and gave it a couple of coats of gesso.
Next I laid down a stencil from Dyan Reaveley and used some embossing paste to emboss the dots on two opposite corners.
Once the embossing paste was dry, I pounced some Butter Pecan acrylic paint on with a dry baby wipe giving the canvas almost a stone look. The best thing about this technique is that it hides a multitude of sins - not that I am admitting there were any :)
Next I started to make a wedding dress. I made myself a paper pattern first and then used it to cut a dress from crinoline. Crinoline is like a woven interfacing used in sewing. I finished all the edges by turning under a 1/4" hem using double sided tape. You can see in the photo where I had to clip on an inside curve. I cut a lining out of an old sheet and added that to the back and made a mannequin out of card stock to mount it on.
Then I started to embellish it. First I added a tulle skirt and then a band of venise lace below the waist making what I think they call a fit and flare gown. I took a venise heart and cut the centre out because I thought it would make a nice sweetheart neckline and bodice. I will use the part I cut away under some ribbon sometime. Then I added pearls to the centre of each of the flowers on the bodice and the waist and dotted the tulle with pearls.
Next I made some crinoline flowers cutting three sizes from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and dying them with some Tattered Rose Distress Stain and Antique Linen Distress Ink that I puddled on my craft sheet and diluted with some water. After they were dry, and scrunched up a bit, I layered them and added some pearls to the centre.
I also made some white crinoline flowers and added some tiny roses to the centre that had a bit of glitter added around the petals.
Then I started to put the canvas together. First I used my Cameo to cut a big doily from some shimmery card stock and mounted that on the canvas.
Next I tore a piece of Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and painted the back with some Matte Multi Medium. Once it was mounted on top of the doily, I added more of the medium to seal it.
The wedding dress came next and then I added my crinoline flowers along with some paper flowers on either side. I also added some pearl sprays and a big pearl stick pin.
Once I added some pearls to the body of this lovely venise lace butterfly, I added it to the canvas.
Next I created the sentiment on my computer, cut it out with a Spellbinders die and then mounted it on top some more gorgeous venise lace before adding it to the canvas.
Here is the finished project just waiting for the right frame. I hope you will run right over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique and pick up some crinoline and some venise lace appliques and trims and create something gorgeous.
The following products from The Funkie Junie Boutique were used to create this project.