The main problem I had was deciding which stamps to use, so I made the decision to use as many as I could ! So, grab a cuppa and get comfy as there's quite a few photo's !
I started by stamping the stars from the Chalkboard Wisdom set with Brilliance Moonlight White onto black card.
I then used some Cut 'n' Dry foam and rubbed some of the ink over the card so that it looked like smudged chalk.
I did this on four pieces of A4 black card, then I joined all four pieces together and scored them at 11cm intervals.
I stuck the concertinered pages together and with the last page I wrapped the excess piece of card around the spine of the book before sticking the last page down.
For the front of my book I used the Cabinet die and cut the shape from black card. I then used another of the stamps from the Chalkboard Wisdom set with the Brilliance ink and added some faux stitching around the edge with my Posca pen. The flower is made using the Tattered Floral Strip die and I've painted the card with Distress Paint before stamping it with the text stamp from the French Flight stamp set.
I made the pockets for inside the book from some more black card that I stamped with the stars and did some more faux stitching.
This is what the book looks like with all of the tags I made in place. I've also used this project as an opportunity to try out some of the techniques that Tim Holtz shared in the recent Creative Chemistry 102.
Tag no.1 - I used the Marbled Distress Paint technique and used stamps from the Chalkboard Wisdom, Gothic 31 and Generation Redux sets. All of the stamping is done with black Archival ink and I've added the lines with my Posca pen.
Tag no.2 - I used the Mixed Media layering technique for this tag and the stamps are from the French Flight set. I die cut all of the tags using the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate die, which meant I had to stick the little round re-inforcers to the tag. I wasn't too careful with the glue and of course it acts as a resist so when I added the Distress Inks you can still see where I've dabbed it where it shouldn't be, which I quite liked !
Tag no.3 - I used the Stamping Resist technique for this tag and the stamps are from the Secretary Pool and Chalkboard Wisdom sets.
Tag no.4 - I really love how this tag turned out ! I used the Shabby Chic technique and the pumpkin has had Rock Candy Stickles rubbed over it, which I think you can just about see in the photo. I've used the Gothic 31 and the Quotes and Quotables sets.
Tag no.5 - This tag was made using the Brayered Stains technique and the stamps are from the Generation Redux and Typography sets. Again, you can see where I splodged some glue as it's resisted the Distress Stains, but I still quite like it !
Tag no.6 - I've used the Stencil Sketching technique and the stamps are from the Flapper Fashions and the Secretary Pool sets.
I hope you've enjoyed this focus on these fabulous stamps and remember that there's 15% off for one week too !