Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Focus - Wendy Vecchi Embossing Powder and Archival inks

Hello ! It's Sue here with the last Friday Focus of 2015 and today I'm focussing on Wendy Vecchi embossing powders and Archival inks, available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Now if you saw the second week of the current challenge 'Tis The Season' on Wednesday you will already have seen this project, so today I'm sharing how it all came together.


I started by cutting 5 arches using the Tim Holtz die then I got some colour down on all of the pieces using Distress Inks.


I then used the Wendy Vecchi Script background stamp and with Leaf Green and Red Geranium Archival inks and stamped over all of the pieces and did some spritz and flick.


I used Fern Green Archival ink through the Tim Holtz snowflake stencil. For the holly I used the Wendy Vecchi stencil and pressed a Versamark ink pad over it and then sprinkled Fern Green embossing powder over the top and heated it.


I wanted to add a little sparkle to the panels so I used the snowflake stencil again but this time with Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste. You can just about see the shine on the above photo. I added some splatters using a white Sharpie pen and flooding the nib then flicking it at all ofthe pieces.


For the berries on the large holly leaves I grabbed some of the really cute sleigh bells that Linda sells in The Funkie Junkie Boutique, pressed them on to the Versamark pad and rolled them in Red Geranium embossing powder and heated them.


I die cut some greenery using the Tim Holtz Thinlits die and sprinkled it with Fern Green embossing powder before glueing it into place.


I stamped the sentiments and added some white dots using a Sharpie pen and also did some stamping over everything using the Wendy Vecchi Basket Weave stamp with Fern Green Archival ink.


The panels were all stuck to die cut thick cardboard that is joined together with seam binding.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and search out those Wendy Vecchi items from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Make sure you return tomorrow for the final Saturday Step by Step of the year with the lovely Zoe.

Sue x



8 comments:

  1. A fantastic tutorial Sue! Love the idea for jingle berries and the finished look to this screen. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous step by step Sue. I love all the traditional reds and greens, so festive. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the techniques with the bells, and the Sharpie marker! Never would have thought of these, so happy to have some new ideas to play with <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Sue!! I must admit that when I first saw your screen the detail in the background seemed like an insurmountable task for me, but the way you've broken it down makes me feel like I have a fighting chance! The idea about the Sharpie is GENIUS!! I never thought of using a Sharpie that way, and now can't wait to try it out. And the berries from jingle bells--again--GENIUS!! You've given me tons of inspiration!
    Sending holiday hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those jingle bell berries are my favorite! I have all the "ingredients", and you can bet I'll be adding them to a project straight away! The entire project is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous - I love the vivid colours, and your always fabulous layers, Sue!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete