Thursday, December 31, 2015

Today's Guest Designer - Alison Bomber

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for this challenge.  Please welcome Alison Bomber a.k.a. Butterfly. Alison was the winner of our Let Their Be Light challenge.


Hello all, Alison (a.k.a. butterfly) here from Words and Pictures, and I’m absolutely thrilled to be a guest here at Frilly and Funkie for Pamellia’s lovely Holiday Hues challenge. Frilly and Funkie was one of the very first challenge sites I discovered when I started this whole crafting game a few years ago, so it’s a real delight to be here.

My creativity never used to be on the visual side - I was more the words, music, books, theatre type. When I became a freelancer in Spring 2012 after eight years at the Royal Shakespeare Company as a Text and Voice Coach, it was supposed to give me more time for friends and family.

I had no idea that literally within days I would be in thrall to a whole new creative passion - stamps/inks/paints/texture/stencils... you name it, I want to play with it! There's so much to learn, discover and explore. Now I have to balance the two worlds - hence the name of my blog, Words and Pictures. So much for friends and family...

My blog is Words and Pictures - www.alisonbomber.blogspot.com
I’m also on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/f1utterby69/

The Holiday Hues project I’ve created is a variation on one of my Christmas projects. We’re right in the middle of the 12 Days of Christmas, so I decided to stick with that as my holiday, and I’ve altered an old book in my own favourite Christmas colours... neutrals, whites and the essential holiday greenery. I hope you like it.



* * *
Pop over to Alison's blog to check out all the details of her project and if you too would like an opportunity to join us as a Guest Designer, then all you need to do is participate in our current challenge - Holiday Hues. The winner of the challenge, as chosen by the Design Team will be invited to be a Guest Designer.

13 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning project Alison!!! I love the soft tones of layered foliage and patchwork look to the inside of the book. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great pleasure to see Alison here today as a GDT! Absolutely amazing project, as usual! Love everything about this beautiful vintage book! Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous altered book, Alison! The colors and image here are fantastic! Love this window idea. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved your stunning altered book Alison.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the colors, and the vintage style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison, your project is just stunning and I love the wonderful story you tell. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful! Will "put this away" for 2016 holiday season . . . just LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful! Will "put this away" for 2016 holiday season . . . just LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for having me - this has always been one of my favourite places to play when I have time!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of your gorgeous work, Alison! This is such a lovely, dreamy creation....I just love the way the black and white image peeps through the decorated window! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alison!
    I join Kathy in saying I am a HUGE fan!! Your altered book is beyond amazing. I keep going back to soak in more of it's beauty. The neutrals and green work so well together, and the window with the Santa scene peeking through the holiday greenery is inspired!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, absolutely stunning Alison, adore your altered wish book and what a perfect picture to peek through the window at! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete